Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
We might have another Belle wanting to come to the trip :thumbsup:

Brilliant Pat, just let me know as when they decide :wahhey:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I have finally weighed everything I will need. I am surprised!

Total load on the bike (including the rack) will be well under 5kg! Then the usual 1kg of tubes and multitool in the saddle pack, and making use of jersey pockets.

It all fits in the bag too, with a little to spare for toothbrush/toothpaste and small suncream bottle. Looks like the bar bag will not be necessary after all. :smile:

Will there be space for large amounts of the finest home made flapjack? It needs to last for the whole trip ... maybe you DO want that bar bag after all ...;) Not sure how much space there is left in @Fubar's trailer :tongue:

T (still hoping to join you all for the 1st evening at Lochranza :hyper:)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Will there be space for large amounts of the finest home made flapjack? It needs to last for the whole trip ... maybe you DO want that bar bag after all ...;) Not sure how much space there is left in @Fubar's trailer :tongue:

T (still hoping to join you all for the 1st evening at Lochranza :hyper:)

ALWAYS room for flapjack! I'll just leave my clothes at Ardrossan...

MikeW-71

Veteran
You guys are a bad influence on me, I'm thinking of a new bike as I'm getting more and more into the idea of heading off for a few days touring with the bike. To do it better I'd need to carry a little more, and to do that I need a different bike.

I'm thinking of a CX type, should carry more on the rack, disc brakes, fatter tyres, but should still be reasonably brisk when needed and better at commuting and social stuff. It has a nice hill-buster gear in there too.

I'm thinking this:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2014.giant.revolt.1/14990/66575/

It does mean that my original Defy will have to go to make room for it. :sad:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
You guys are a bad influence on me, I'm thinking of a new bike as I'm getting more and more into the idea of heading off for a few days touring with the bike. To do it better I'd need to carry a little more, and to do that I need a different bike.

I'm thinking of a CX type, should carry more on the rack, disc brakes, fatter tyres, but should still be reasonably brisk when needed and better at commuting and social stuff. It has a nice hill-buster gear in there too.

I'm thinking this:
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2014.giant.revolt.1/14990/66575/

It does mean that my original Defy will have to go to make room for it. :sad:

Nice! Though don't blame us, you've talked yourself into it :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You don't really need a new bike, @MikeW-71 :evil:... any bike will do for short tours ...
:eek:That's burning talk !!!
upload_2014-4-7_23-0-13.jpeg

Top Bottom