Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-sd66-spd-sandals/

There must be a demand for them I guess......

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Negativity? I wasn't being negative, just realistic ;) ... and was trying to put Pat's mind at rest about which shoes to wear :girl::giggle:, so she doesn't have to be worried/negative :tongue:
The only thing I'm unfortunately negative about is joining you on the tour :cry:

T

So long as your cake is there we won't be bothered erm you'll be with us in spirit!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
hmmm ... spirit ... Islay ... dark chocolate & whisky go together quite nicely, but perhaps chocolate cake is not such a good idea for a hot summer's tour :whistle:, you may end up with it melting in your panniers :biggrin:. Will have to think of something else :scratch::reading:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I doubt it ...
  • No Bumping - Threads should not be bumped unless you have something to add to the discussion. Additionally, avoid replying to inactive discussions from several months ago or longer, unless you have something valuable to add.
:whistle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
We shall be shaking in our wet sandals, oh mighty mods :ph34r::tongue:.
(ducks & runs)

There is a German saying 'Vorfreude ist die schoenste Freude', or roughly translated, looking forward to something wonderful is great fun :wahhey: (might even be better than the thing you are looking forward to :rolleyes: - though that can't possibly be true for this lovely wee tour).

If anybody who said they may fancy a wee practice tour to test equipment/what to pack and haven't see it yet - I've posted some ideas about a 1-night Borders tour in the Informal Rides... if we are 'lucky,' we might even get to test whether flooded shoes dry overnight with the help of some old newspaper and a drying room :thanks:

T

DonnaHegarty

When my shoes get wet in Glasgow after a downpour I do stuff them with newspaper, they are still wet the week after :huh:
And what are you supposed to wear in the meantime? And is one supposed to tour with half dozen old papers in ones panniers? :wacko:
I feel there's gonna be unaccounted variables on this trip :smile:
Hi Pat - after feeling that I was getting trench foot after several recent rides over the last few months, including the wettest Arran ride ever, I've invested in sealskin waterproof socks. Then it doesn't matter if the shoes get wet as the tootsies are still warm, dry and cosy. Quite expensive but worth it :-)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Careful, @Fubar, you might burst with excitement if you don't share it, just occasionally ;)

Thanks, @DonnaHegarty :thumbsup:! Must investigate the sealskin socks ... they seem a very good idea for multi-day outings if it's not warm enough for sandals, which may or may not be the case in mid-August in Scotland :scratch:

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've just given mine another thorough test. Mountain biking, (or rather walking) along a marshy bridleway on Muncaster fell. On a number of occasions I sank in far enough for the water to flood in over the top of my shoes (but not socks), my feet are still dry :smile:
Stupid question :biggrin: how do you wash them? How long do they take to ... dry? :unsure:

Top Bottom