Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Solved: will cycle in Crocks :biggrin:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Wet shoes on tour are where sealskinz come into their own. They're not good at keeping the rain out (I blame the design flaw of putting a big hole in the top :whistle: ) but IMHO they do keep your feet from getting wet from damp shoes.

Also put the shoes as close to the fire as possible, or on a radiator (may require use of close peg - for nose) :smile:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar might need his hairdryer for his shoes though

ducks & runs ....

I'll bring the tumble dryer.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'll bring the tumble dryer.

Of course, I forgot about your trailer, let's see :scratch:... so far we have: bubble wrap, hair dryer, tumble dryer ...
By the way, most hostels have a drying room of some kind, especially those in outdoors type destinations!
Lochranza and Port Charlotte both have drying rooms and laundry facilities, so maybe the tumble dryer can stay in the Kingdom :thumbsup:.

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
When my shoes get wet in Glasgow after a downpour I do stuff them with newspaper, they are still wet the week after :huh:
And what are you supposed to wear in the meantime? And is one supposed to tour with half dozen old papers in ones panniers? :wacko:
I feel there's gonna be unaccounted variables on this trip :smile:

Do you swap the wet newspaper for dry or just leave the 1st batch in the shoes? When my shoes are properly soaked, they normally need at least three swaps, with the 1st one swapped very quickly, maybe about half an hour after putting it in ...

As for what to wear in the meantime, I normally have two pairs of shoes on the go, to swap between them as needed, for just that reason :thumbsup:, means each pair lasts longer overall. Of course, you could be a complete :girl: about it and swap between them to match the rest of your outfit :rolleyes:. Obviously not practical on cycle tour, where I would possibly bring a pair of sandals in the panniers for wearing indoors, especially around the various facilities where you might not want to walk about in socks or barefoot, luggage space/weight permitting ... possibly a luxury item :whistle:, but one well worth thinking about, in my opinion anyway ;-).

T

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Do you swap the wet newspaper for dry or just leave the 1st batch in the shoes? When my shoes are properly soaked, they normally need at least three swaps, with the 1st one swapped very quickly, maybe about half an hour after putting it in ...

As for what to wear in the meantime, I normally have two pairs of shoes on the go, to swap between them as needed, for just that reason :thumbsup:, means each pair lasts longer overall. Of course, you could be a complete :girl: about it and swap between them to match the rest of your outfit :rolleyes:. Obviously not practical on cycle tour, where I would possibly bring a pair of sandals in the panniers for wearing indoors, especially around the various facilities where you might not want to walk about in socks or barefoot, luggage space/weight permitting ... possibly a luxury item :whistle:, but one well worth thinking about, in my opinion anyway ;-).

T

Anyway what's all this negativity about? It's not going to rain on any tour of mine!!!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Negativity? I wasn't being negative, just realistic ;) ... and was trying to put Pat's mind at rest about which shoes to wear :girl::giggle:, so she doesn't have to be worried/negative :tongue:
The only thing I'm unfortunately negative about is joining you on the tour :cry:

T

Top Bottom