Child seats and Dutch bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nikki27

Hi, I'm new to the site and have for a long time been wanting a Dutch style bike to pootle around on. I really like the look of the Batavus Diva's and have seen a bargain but I can't find any info on if a child seat can be put on the back. Does anyone know if they can be put on the back rack of the Diva 3?

alicat

Legendary Member
Yes, it's got a rack so you can fit a child seat on it. Looks heavy, though. Be prepared not to go up hills on it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes, it's got a rack so you can fit a child seat on it. Looks heavy, though. Be prepared not to go up hills on it.
At 20kg, it's over 1kg lighter than a Pashley Princess, although about 4kg heavier than I'd expect a Dutch bike to be. A child in a seat could be about that heavy, though. Getting any bike uphill carrying a child would be a struggle if the gears aren't set low enough.

OP
OP
N

Nikki27

Thanks very much for your replies. I don't mind about the issue of going up hill on it as its not very hilly where I live and if I do encounter one I'm not worried about walking up it if needed. I'm also considering a diva 7 especially as I don't have great knees and am a bit worried I'll be putting too much strain on them with only 3 gears to choose from. Maybe I am mad for even considering cycling but I really want to give it a go as I used to love riding.

Top Bottom