Giant bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying start

Veteran
Hi all I've been riding a kinesis G2 gravel bike and I only realy use it to commute on 4/5 miles each way. Road and off road tracks. I must say I think I rushed into buying the big as now I'm finding it uncomfortable and getting leg pain I thought about changing it to a flatbar but it'll be costly. So looking at new bikes I like the look of giants new fastroad ar 1 flatbar bike 1×11 but giants revolt is very much the same bike but on drops.has anyone been riding these bike if so how you got on with them. Any info about the bikes will be much appreciated. I'm going to my lbs today to test ride the fastroad ar and might ask to have a go on the revolt to compare

Mike_P

Guru
Giants sizing is a bit OTT IME. My road bike is a large and I have twice reduced the stem. I tested out the size of their hybrids when looking to buy my ebike. The shop assistant was convinced by their sizing I would need a large but it was way too big and I went with a medium which is fine.

Jameshow

Veteran
Hi all I've been riding a kinesis G2 gravel bike and I only realy use it to commute on 4/5 miles each way. Road and off road tracks. I must say I think I rushed into buying the big as now I'm finding it uncomfortable and getting leg pain I thought about changing it to a flatbar but it'll be costly. So looking at new bikes I like the look of giants new fastroad ar 1 flatbar bike 1×11 but giants revolt is very much the same bike but on drops.has anyone been riding these bike if so how you got on with them. Any info about the bikes will be much appreciated. I'm going to my lbs today to test ride the fastroad ar and might ask to have a go on the revolt to compare

I think it's not your bike but your position on the bike that's the issue.
Have you got you saddle correct height? Your distance to the bars ok?

Leg pain is an unusual complaint for bike fit.

Before throwing £1k at another bike - I'd paying someone £150-200 to do a bike fit...you might find this sorts the issue - if it doesn't you have a set of measurements on which to base you next purchase.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
That sounds like a bike fit problem, not a bike problem. The G2 has excellent reviews, but it's only sold in four sizes and as a complete bike, so tweaks to components and adjustments would be desirable, if not essential, for many riders. If it's hurting you in four or five miles, that's got to be the fit IMHO. When I bought my Tripster ATR, I was getting tingly fingers (possibly ulnar nerve entrapment), but on considerably longer rides than that. Go to an LBS and get a proper fit done before anything else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
flying start

flying start

Veteran
Thanks for all the replies guys. One of the lads at work is a very keen roadie and I was telling him about the issues I'm having. So he set about tweeking the saddle and my shoe cleats. I prefer to ride on mtb spd paddles than the road ones. So first of all I was riding with saddle to high, felt weird at first been so low , I'm running a short stem. So ok ther for my reach to the bars. My cleats were adjusted to and I'm amazed how little the tweaks have made my saddle was moved forward ever so slightly. Fizik arione wingflex. Road the bike all last week and the pain has gone. I've got a slight stiffness in my legs but I think its just getting use to the biking again. Next week I'll see if it gets any better. Thanks all for the replies hopefully I'll of saves a few ££££ on a new bike.

OP
OP
flying start

flying start

Veteran
I forgot to add the bars might be a bit to wide for me so need to try a smaller set at some point I'm running a flared bar but never use the drops anyway.

Top Bottom