Chiropractor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Homeopathy is bollox !

Care to explain why my shoulder had more movement in it after my visit?
I'll have a go.

Placebo effect - I assume you'd paid good money and so wanted the treatment to work?
Individual perception - was the increase in the mobility of your shoulder actually measured?
The natural healing process - your shoulder might have healed without any intervention. Without a control, you don't know.

The standard reposte against scientific arguments is that just because current scientific understanding doesn't align with the given explanation for the treatment's effectiveness (in this case 'subluxation') that doesn't make it not true. A fair comment, but for that to be valid the treatment has to be shown to work, even if we don't understand why it works.

The experimental methods and underpinning statistics for hypothesis testing (the hypothesis in this case being that chiropractic is an effective treatment for x) are very, very well-established. Unfortunately chiropractic scores very poorly when subjected to this kind of proper scrutiny.

At best, chiropractic is just an expensive massage. At its worst it's dangerous.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have had massages that cost more .... Without happy endings ( just for Fnaar)

However .

When I couldn't lift arm above shoulder before but could after.

And unless my body spontaneously fixed itself , which is more unbelievable,I sat out side and tried to lift above shoulder. I couldn't . I am an engineer I do science not Mumbo jumbo . Something worked .

As for the asthma and other spurious claims . Yes agree totally it is bollox

Top Bottom