Chris Boardman - what a guy !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sw3008

Guru
My daughter's doing a school project on cycling (conviced her that Walt Disney was a bit "too big" for a year 6 kid to even attempt) & has got to a bit about famous cyclists.

She's picked all the new ones, but I told her about Chris Boardman & his Olympic gold/Tour de France exploits. After this, she decided to send him an e-mail via his website at about 5PM yesterday asking the usual questions - what's you're 1st bike/what's it like winning a gold medal etc.

This morning, I checked the e-mails & there was a reply sent by Chris with alsorts of info & interesting facts about him & the Tour de France.

It's made her day - she's now got the bug & is going to send mails to Chris Hoy, Victoria Pendleton & Lance Armstrong.

Well done Mr B

snakehips

That's nice to hear

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
She should try sending one to Lance!!!!

Actually, maybe she should send one to LeMond, she may well get a reply, though you might have to censor it first!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
He'll probably suspect it's the doping authorities trying to get at him and have a moan about it on Twitter....

dodgy

Chris is a top bloke, I see him around here often and he always says hi whether you're on a bike or not. He's PM'd me via the bikeradar forum so he's not at all precious about communicating with the proles :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In my racing days, I used to race against him. In a Huddersfield hill climb, Manchester Wheelers won the 'sponsored' club result, we got the 'un-sponsored' - we got a "well done guys" from him - made our day.

He's a sound bloke.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
his recent intervention on bike radar in defence of the products that bear his name and the chain that sells them, and his explanation of the steps he is personally taking to improve things increased my already huge admiration of him.

D'ya think he'd sign my frame?

He heard via Tony Doyle that I was doing some research into Saffron Lane velodrome and just sent me loads of memories and some stories I can't repeat:biggrin:

Well, not until the book is finished, anyway;)

Top Bottom