Cinema trash... where were these people dragged-up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I don't go to the flicks very often, but this afternoon me and my mate took our lads (8 y/olds) to see Kung-Fu Panda, this afternoon at the Cinema complex outside Oxford. We were the last out when the lights went up the amount of trash left on the floor and over the seats was unbelievable (well to me anyway). Is this normal? Is it acceptable to leave trash all over the cinema?

yello

I think "acceptable" depends on the generation. To me now, no it's not acceptable but I probably did the equivalent when I was 8.

Multiplexes always seem to be rubbish mounds to me, I guessed it just went with the territory.

What was 'Kung-Fu Panda' like? Sounds as if it could be a bit of a hoot!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I personally dont think its acceptable to leave litter lieing around. Was always taught to take it with me.
Its more the amount of popcorn i see on the floor thats either been thrown or the person has missed their mouth i find annoying. Its normally the ones you heard eating it aswellxx(

Mr Pig

We always take our rubbish out and bin it, but there is another way to look at it. If no one left any rubbish the people who pick it up would be out of a job.

What I hate is people who throw rubbish out of cars.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
No idea if it's the norm. Big price hikes to about £6.50 a ticket and airport length queues have put me off going to one of my locals.

TVC

It is all too familiar to me.

What is interesting is that here in Leicester we have two multiplexes, one near the city centre in a run down area next to a huge council estate, and the other out of town where you need a car to get to it.
I make no particular point about social class, but guess which one has the trash problem.

TVC

Baggy said:
The one in Braunstone used to look like a landfill site after showings, but that's not the one in town...

That closed down, and the local little darlings torched it - it's now the site of a medical centre and a collection point for fake burberry (but I make no particular point about social class).

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Joe24 said:
Its more the amount of popcorn i see on the floor thats either been thrown or the person has missed their mouth i find annoying.

that's 3 year olds for you. they're messy little devils. ;)

and when we went to see kungfoopanda last week, the tickets for two adults & a toddler, some popcorn, some sweets and two drinks was very nearly £30.:evil: that money partly goes in (minimum) wages to keep the place clean. what are we to do, ask to borrow a hoover?

domtyler

Über Member
I don't take my rubbish with me. The cinema sold it to me at an astronomical mark up for me to consume on their premises while watching a film that they have also charged me an astronomical fee to sit and watch. So the least they can do is to employ some YTS gimp to come and clean up my crap after the credits start to roll.

gavintc

Guru
Mr Pig said:
We always take our rubbish out and bin it, but there is another way to look at it. If no one left any rubbish the people who pick it up would be out of a job.

What I hate is people who throw rubbish out of cars.

sheddy said:
Sadly it seems to be the norm. That and the overpriced tickets means I won't go to the M/plex.

These two comments are sadly related. People see employment in rubbish and then complain about high prices. If there was less rubbish, the prices would be lower and sheddy could enjoy the multiplex.

Top Bottom