Cinema trash... where were these people dragged-up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I long for the day when you could stay for the next performance.:evil:

I'm taking Miss tdr1nka to see Wall-e as a treat for her excellent end of year report, we will be off to the Linolium Dome cinema straight after school in order to see it with some semblance of peace.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
gavintc said:
If there was less rubbish, the prices would be lower

you believe so?

either you're naive or i'm a cycnic:ohmy:

bobg

Über Member
It didnt seem so prevalent years ago probably because all you could get was a tub from the lady with the tray during the intermission. It never ceases to amaze me on the rare occasions I go, how much popcorn and sugary drink one kid can neck during a 2 hour film before he chucks the containers all over the shop.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
hubgearfreak said:
that's 3 year olds for you. they're messy little devils. :?:

and when we went to see kungfoopanda last week, the tickets for two adults & a toddler, some popcorn, some sweets and two drinks was very nearly £30.:blush: that money partly goes in (minimum) wages to keep the place clean. what are we to do, ask to borrow a hoover?

£30 and you let some drop on the floor:ohmy::ohmy:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
hubgearfreak said:
that's 3 year olds for you. they're messy little devils. :?:

and when we went to see kungfoopanda last week, the tickets for two adults & a toddler, some popcorn, some sweets and two drinks was very nearly £30.:blush: that money partly goes in (minimum) wages to keep the place clean. what are we to do, ask to borrow a hoover?

We took our own sweets and drink.
We took all our trash home.

No need for hoovering. I apologise for doing somebody out of a job clearing-up after me. It's not the quality of the films that are so awful at the cinema... it's the quality of the other people which makes the experience so unpleasant.
Gordon Bennett.

col

Legendary Member
I actually know people who have been stopped from taking thier own food and drink in,and asked to leave it at the office till they come out,or they couldnt go in,even after buying a ticket.I dont use the pictures now,its too expensive and there is always the noisy family/eaters/ in ,or so it seems to spoil the film.

Mr Pig

We usually take our own sweets and drinks in, the prices in the cinema are ridiculous. We've never been stopped.

Have you noticed that they only ever sell large bags of Minstrels etc and never 'normal' sweets like Mars Bars? They can't sell items that you regularly buy from other retailers because you are too familiar with what they cost, they would never get away with charging a pound for a Mars Bar.

ash68

yello said:
I think "acceptable" depends on the generation. To me now, no it's not acceptable but I probably did the equivalent when I was 8.

Multiplexes always seem to be rubbish mounds to me, I guessed it just went with the territory.

What was 'Kung-Fu Panda' like? Sounds as if it could be a bit of a hoot!
See no one has answered this question yet. Am going to see it on wednesday night, am I wasting my money or is it a must see film???

domtyler said:
I don't take my rubbish with me. The cinema sold it to me at an astronomical mark up for me to consume on their premises while watching a film that they have also charged me an astronomical fee to sit and watch. So the least they can do is to employ some YTS gimp to come and clean up my crap after the credits start to roll.

I'm with you on this one. :smile:. Also applied to football matches within the ground.
I see it as helping to provide gainful employment for someone who may be otherwise sponging off the state.

BTW I don't, wouldn't and consider it should be a flogging offence to drop litter in the street

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Piemaster said:
I'm with you on this one. :smile:. Also applied to football matches within the ground.
I see it as helping to provide gainful employment for someone who may be otherwise sponging off the state.

BTW I don't, wouldn't and consider it should be a flogging offence to drop litter in the street

In that case I'll freely leave my trash in the streets as part of my own private job creation scheme. I'll also encourage fly-tipping, that will create even more jobs.

ash68 said:
See no one has answered this question yet. Am going to see it on wednesday night, am I wasting my money or is it a must see film???

If you are taking the kids they'll love it. If you are going by yourself then you are a strange little man.

Personally, I thought the film was crap, a one joke film, namely, The Panda is Fat..

Top Bottom