Cinema trash... where were these people dragged-up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash68

Thanks Andyoxon and Disgruntled goat. Am taking my girlfriend and her 8 year old son. So He's theoretically the reason we are going. As long as I get a few laughs from it I'll go home happy. If the girlfriend and her son enjoy it , then so much the better!!

Abitrary

It is impossible to go to the cinema anywhere these days, and most especially in London due to:

-people translating the film to non-english speaking companions
-loud snacks in such quantities that prolong the crunching for hours
-people talking on mobile phones

There is absolutely nothing more stressful in life than been subjected to this, so I don't go anymore.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ash68 said:
Thanks Andyoxon and Disgruntled goat. Am taking my girlfriend and her 8 year old son. So He's theoretically the reason we are going. As long as I get a few laughs from it I'll go home happy. If the girlfriend and her son enjoy it , then so much the better!!

What I saw of it I thought it was standard fayre really (though I dozed through much of it) the 2 8 y/o's found it OK but not spectacularly so. Its a simple well executed film, but unlike many dreamwork/pixar type productions, it doesn't really work on an adult level. Toy story/shrek it aint.

PS: Please take your trash away and dispose of it properly. Oh and take your own sweets... and drink.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
hubgearfreak said:
please call it rubbish or litter
Fair point.
Ahem, please take your rubbish (or litter if you prefer) with you and dispose of it responsibly... for example throwing it in the nearest trash can.

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
It is impossible to go to the cinema anywhere these days, and most especially in London due to:

-people translating the film to non-english speaking companions
-loud snacks in such quantities that prolong the crunching for hours
-people talking on mobile phones

There is absolutely nothing more stressful in life than been subjected to this, so I don't go anymore.

Well said,i also always wondered why toffee popcorn and other types of sweets had hard crisp plastic packets that drowned out the sound of the film,and it always went on non stop,i would have thought a soft non noisy type would have been used by the picture industry?

Fab Foodie said:
In that case I'll freely leave my trash in the streets as part of my own private job creation scheme. I'll also encourage fly-tipping, that will create even more jobs.

You've misunderstood me:
"BTW I don't, wouldn't and consider it should be a flogging offence to drop litter in the street"

I'd also include the fly-tipping in that

I do see a difference between public (the streets) and some private owned areas. In public areas everyone should dispose of their rubbish responsibly. In some private areas, open to the public, cleaners are employed to keep the area clean - more rubbish = more jobs. Cinema and football stadium being examples. eg. Local team stadium is spotless inside, outside on the way to it the streets can leave something to be desired.

My original post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, perhaps that didn't come across too well.

Do you work in an office? school? government building? Are there any cleaners employed there or do you do the hoovering and dusting yourself?

Cleaning is a neccesary occupation. Isn't there something in "The Hitchhikers Guide...." about humans dying off from a bug caught from a dirty telephone receiver?

Top Bottom