Ciprofloxacin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm taking this (for the next three weeks!) and feeling like a dishrag. I'm sleeping 14 hours a day. Any ideas?

Maz

Guru
Why are you taking Ciprofloxacin? Is it for flu?

yenrod

[wikipedia] Ciprofloxacin (INN) is a synthetic chemotherapeutic agent used to treat severe and life threatening bacterial infections. Ciprofloxacin is commonly referred to as a fluoroquinolone (or quinolone) drug and is a member of the fluoroquinolone class of antibacterials.

Just think of Tony Blair and friends on that momentous evening...John 'one punch' Prescott trying to sing "...things...can only get better..." :biggrin:

Antibiotics? Better that than the alternative I suppose - three weeks will soon pass.
Get well soon.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
User76 said:
Feeling bollocks is not generally a side-effect of ciproxin use. Could it be the chronic prostatitis;), .

that's the bunny.

yenrod

Well, i can tell you lot an interesting situation I had not so long back.

I had sometime off about 2wks back and went the dr's and got steered towards blood tests - now i aint to good with blood (imo its better staying in the body rather than out ESPECIALLY MINE :biggrin:) anyhow, had my eve. meal at about 5pm and then didn't have anything till 2pm the next day...

The bit in between 5pm and 2pm:

Got to the centre @ 09.00 - waited 45mins: was floored (ie on the last scrap of blood sugar that was in existance in my liver at thsi point - i know from when ive took myself really down to near nothing on the bike) so i'm just about managing to stay a, awake and b, upright in the wainting room chair c, still looking normal too !

So, got called thru' at 10am (17hrs without anything to eat) next i know - I'm on the corridor floor with multiple nurses around me...,now in normal circumstance this would be a dream like situation but due to the fact ive just come round from hedonism (well thats what it was like when i was out - nothing hurt) - i reportedly went gray (this made em worry) as 1 of the nurses told me then i had a freak out like i was some crazy straitjacket jobby :laugh: so i end up in an ambulance. Then they put some adavance HRM on me electrodes all over the body (this was REALLY REALLY) freaking the hell outta me: THEN they tell me me heart is not beating normal, which i could feel, NOW I THINK I'M DYING.

At the back of my mind i'm thinking - i need filling up ie...

FOOd

So the get me in the hosp. then the femmefatale arrives - i'm saved.

..so they do an ECG the hearts still not right. :biggrin: - and i'm thinking..I NEED FOOD !!!!!! - NOW

Its now 18hrs since ive had food...they wanna take blood...

So i'm on the oxygen and acting like a total 3yr old (i'll be honest on that) as I feel the life flooding out of my body - well thats what it feels like to me: thats why blood is in your body to service my/the system not dr's !

Some nurse comes to me and tells me after the results of the ECG that i've an 'irragular heatbeat' and lots of people have them (no food now for 20hrs)

I say to the GF as she's hungry to how about we goto the hospital canteen and get something...I just about make it..eat some mash and beans feels like heaven...like a 1st ever meal....

Get back the A&E...wait a bit...for the blood results - are in: they're normal..except the potassium level is near enough shot.

So I can go.

That evening was, real shaky just aobut managed anything.

..now, i'm used to eating quite a bit, (as i do am a cyclist and not a fat-bastard of a couch-potaotoe) every hour near enough...but considering i went 21hrs without anything - other than a dark choc-bar...

UNDER THE GUIDANCE AND AUTORITY OF A DOCTOR IN MY LOCAL SURGERY

I will NEVER - EVER listen to some stupid 'dr' who feels they know the game especially me...and advise me not to eat after my evening meal.

So now my thoughts about dr's is sealed really - slanting towards the negative..

bonj2

Personally my advice would be generally not to trust any prescription of drugs from a GP. How can you be sure that the GP knows exactly what's wrong with you and that that drug will cure it?

Dave5N

Über Member
bonj said:
Personally my advice would be generally not to trust any prescription of drugs from a GP. How can you be sure that the GP knows exactly what's wrong with you and that that drug will cure it?

That's right. I mean it's not like they've been to college and studied medecine or anything is it? Or had a structured on the job training and mentoring programme over several years with extensive postgraduate study.

That'd be daft, wouldn't it? Much better off asking on a cycling internet forum.

bonj2

Dave5N said:
That's right. I mean it's not like they've been to college and studied medecine or anything is it? Or had a structured on the job training and mentoring programme over several years with extensive postgraduate study.

That'd be daft, wouldn't it? Much better off asking on a cycling internet forum.

...or just using common sense, and not go running to the doctor's every time you've got a cold to neck a load of antibiotics which you gradually build up a tolerance to. And who knows what side effects some of these other weird and wonderful drugs have? Best stick to good old tried and trusted home remedies.
The only reason we have so many different diverse medical conditions these days that we didn't have in the middle ages is because people have become weak due to all the drugs they take.

In this instance bonj, if you couldn't sit on your bike comfortably (among other things), I think you might have resorted to quackery instead of applying a poultice of stale Hovis to your nutzone - in the hope that all would be well with the world.

bonj2

Aperitif said:
In this instance bonj, if you couldn't sit on your bike comfortably (among other things), I think you might have resorted to quackery instead of applying a poultice of stale Hovis to your nutzone - in the hope that all would be well with the world.

I'd be going to a sports therapist, physio or other homeopath rather than necking a load of cartrotwattazine. Either that or get a better saddle.

Top Bottom