Clipless pedals that i can also use as flats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I use the Shimano T780 pedals - similar to the M324 but a bit posher, and with reflectors so I can ride at night.
They are weighted so they hang vertically, which makes getting the right side easy.

I've tried using the M545 double side with cage pedals, but I found that if you use flat shoes with no cleat recess, the clip makes an uncomfortable lump under the middle of the foot. The clip does rotate down, but it still sticks up, as it's got to to reach over to the back of the cleat.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Excellent pedals. Plenty grippy on the flat side too.

Edit: haha, I see I'm latest in the line :smile:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I use the Shimano T780 pedals - similar to the M324 but a bit posher, and with reflectors so I can ride at night.
They are weighted so they hang vertically, which makes getting the right side easy.

I've tried using the M545 double side with cage pedals, but I found that if you use flat shoes with no cleat recess, the clip makes an uncomfortable lump under the middle of the foot. The clip does rotate down, but it still sticks up, as it's got to to reach over to the back of the cleat.

The reflectors on my 324s are just fine. £2 for 4 from LBS and the pedals have the appropriate slots.

Totally agree about the 545's I've used the resin caged 424 version and hated them for the same reason, the cleat is very apparent in normal soled shoes and gets very uncomfortable very quickly.

Gez73

Veteran
Another vote foe the T780 here, great commuter pedal and nice long axle so no chance of rubbing the crank arms with my shoes. Usually on sale too so well worth a shot. Gez

Top Bottom