Close call this morning..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I only wear hi vis because its one less club for drivers/police/insurers/cyclechat experts/journalists to clobber me with if I am involved in a crasheroony. I have zero expectation they'll help save me in any way, except perhaps by holding my intestines in situ until the Ambo arrives.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I didnt realise there were some who were hi vis rebels

What's a hi vis rebel?

GC

Drago

Legendary Member
Ive know The CPS (couldn't prosecute Satan) drop cases where the defendant had pleaded guilty in interview, and indicated his intention to plead guilty in Court. They're interested in meeting their targets, the pursuit of justice is secondary.

400bhp

Guru
What's a hi vis rebel?

GC

Steve Harley's friend of a friend.

subaqua

What’s the point
I didnt realise there were some who were hi vis rebels ! Still, i think its only fair to take steps to make yourself more visible. I have a car and motorbike licence also so i can see a few facets of the debate..

do you have a big hi vis on your car so the bigger lorry can see it ? or do you think that it is not really needed.

Karlt

Outside of December-February I look at people in Hi-viz and just think "you must be absolutely poaching yourself in that".

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I didnt realise there were some who were hi vis rebels ! Still, i think its only fair to take steps to make yourself more visible. I have a car and motorbike licence also so i can see a few facets of the debate..

easy tiger, you are not unique in holding a motorbike or car or other types of vehicle licence on here, there's plenty of perspective on cycling from other angles. If you think what you wear works for you then go for it (even though it was your evasive action that made the biggest difference in the way you report in the OP) but yours is one opinion out of many and no more important or likely to be right than anyone elses.

The Hi-viz rebels sound like a particularly jangly guitar one hit wonder indie band from 1986.

markharry66

Über Member
Somewhere along the line not sure where or how as i dont even watch football I got a England top cycle t-shirt.
This coupled with a skinhead haircut (not much choice as going bald) seems to get me noticed more than any hi viz jacket.

Top Bottom