Co2 inflator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's very easy to do :okay:

Beautiful bike.
Tell me about it. I did some sums recently and realised I'd done that for the Enigma...but not in my head! :wacko:

clid61

Veteran
Spare tube and a topeak race rocket you dont know its there
WP_20151126_12_26_50_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Thank all, I suppose you would have to be very unlucky to have two punctures on a road bike. Seems silly taking two inner tubes. But on a long MTB session I would carry at least two.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Thank all, I suppose you would have to be very unlucky to have two punctures on a road bike. Seems silly taking two inner tubes. But on a long MTB session I would carry at least two.
Mtb = pinch puncture, thorns, sharp stones, big drops onto uneven surface, rocks and hidden detritus.

Road riding= occasional glass, occasional pothole...each generally visible and easier to avoid.

One tube and a couple of self adhesive patches is sufficient...for a good 150 miles. A pump is helpful on a long ride for lots of reasons.

I rode 1000 miles in one tour on the road bike and didn't get a single visit.

clid61

Veteran
Since my first road puncture I am now taking out two spare inner tubes with me. I always used to take one, but for longer rides two makes sense. Does everyone else take two? Also I used Co2 to inflate, I am not sure if this is a waste as I do own a pump I can take with me, it's just quicker to inflate.

So tell us what you intend to do after all the advice you asked for , so we can learn too

Mtb = pinch puncture, thorns, sharp stones, big drops onto uneven surface, rocks and hidden detritus.
Road riding= occasional glass, occasional pothole...each generally visible and easier to avoid.
One tube and a couple of self adhesive patches is sufficient...for a good 150 miles. A pump is helpful on a long ride for lots of reasons.

I think it depends where and when you ride on the road bike. A lot of the lanes I use have hedges that have been flailed recently, and last week one of the metalled cyclepaths I use had a lot of hedge debris on it from the high winds. Result, 2 thorn punctures in the last month, and on gatorskins. I carry 2 tubes, a patch kit, levers and pump.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Visible, maybe if had been light but, this was in the dark and just missed it. With regards to MTB, running tubeless does seem to stop all this.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
When sorrows come, they come not single spies. But in battalions.

If you get one puncture, it seems that the chance of getting a second increases, there's always the chance that you don't effectively clear out the offending sharp, and get another, or you don't seat the tyre properly and get a pinch puncture, or you knacker the innertube through some other kind of roadside stupidity and clumsiness, or you don't inflate it properly, hit a pothole and get a snake-bite, or it may just be that the puncture gods have it in for you.

Top Bottom