Commonweath Games cycling (Track & Road) (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I was starting to get rather fed up of Advance, Australia Fair but seeing the medal table last night England are pretty level pegging and Scotland are also doing well. Bodes well for Rio 2016, particularly if the men's cyclists start to come through.

Track cycling today 15.00 to around 19.30

15:01 - 15:31 Men's 20km Scratch Race Qualifying Round
15:33 - 16:03 Men's Keirin First Round
16:03 - 18:05 Women's Sprint Finals
16:13 - 16:28 Women's 1000m Time Trial B2 Tandem
17:06 - 17:41 Women's 25km Points Race Finals
17:41 - 17:51 Men's Keirin Semi-finals
18:18 - 18:48 Men's 20km Scratch Race Finals
18:56 - 19:06 Men's Keirin Finals

crisscross

A friend of mine is competing in the boxing at the Commonwealth Games on Wednesday ( if he gets through tomorrow) and fortuitously it coincides with the time trial on Thursday.

Please does anyone have a decent route map as we are staying in Cumberauld and would love to see some of the race.

The only map I can find looks like it was drawn on an etch a sketch.

Thanks

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A friend of mine is competing in the boxing at the Commonwealth Games on Wednesday ( if he gets through tomorrow) and fortuitously it coincides with the time trial on Thursday.

Please does anyone have a decent route map as we are staying in Cumberauld and would love to see some of the race.

The only map I can find looks like it was drawn on an etch a sketch.

Thanks
Are these the maps you've seen? http://www.insidethegames.biz/commo...reveals-cycling-routes-for-commonwealth-games

It might be worth doing a search on here for the British National Cycling Championships because the road race follows the same route.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Fabulous women's points race too! Victory for the Brits ;)

Yep, great one. Pity the men struggled in the Keirin. What about Barrette running away from everyone in that Keirin minor final though?! And is it bad of me to enjoy Meares losing the sprint final?

Slaav

Guru
Yep, great one. Pity the men struggled in the Keirin. What about Barrette running away from everyone in that Keirin minor final though?! And is it bad of me to enjoy Meares losing the sprint final?

Meares deserves to never win anything again purely because of her haircut! Truly awful..... :smile:

(One hell of an athlete though!)

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Just watched the men's 20k scratch on catch up. Great sprint at the end, NZ win.

Meare's tactics at times just offend my sense of sportsmanship slightly... and it's good not to have the same winner every time.

I thought running the para sport with the main events was a great idea, pity in a way they didn't have more - it just came across as another great event rather than something marginal.

Well that's it for the track, roll on the TT. Start list on the CWG website when available, apparently.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Note the road time trials are starting earlier than originally advertised tomorrow, so it's womens' at 10 a.m., mens' at 12.30 p.m. Can't pin down the TV coverage at the mo.

Ganymede

Veteran
Nice article on Breakfast TV (BBC) about a Glasgow cycle shop helping some of the less well-equipped Commonwealth teams with their bikes. "Don't you need brakes, guys?" says the owner, trying one of the Guyana (poss?) team's handles! And a local club taking them out for rides so they don't end up on the motorway again!

EDIT: Billy Bilsland bike shop. It's on again now. He's saying he even lent TT bikes to one team! They're just repeating it now. Nice! Although it includes one massive left hook from a huge lorry...

Last edited:

jarlrmai

Veteran
Did anyone watch the MTB Cross race was a really good finish with 3 guys all close till the the sprint.

Top Bottom