Commuting through Winter - Clipless or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
ot urban riding with toe clips which has got to be frikin dangerous as your feet are strapped onto your pedals.

What?
Toe clips don't involve strapping your feet in immobile. They're easier (or as easy for the very proficient though I seldom see clipless riders that good) to get feet in and out of and hence safer than clipless. You must be doing it wrong.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
What?
Toe clips don't involve strapping your feet in immobile. They're easier (or as easy for the very proficient though I seldom see clipless riders that good) to get feet in and out of and hence safer than clipless. You must be doing it wrong.

Having used both I much prefer clipless, maybe it's you who's "doing it wrong".
Or maybe different folk have different preferences.

GC

Crankarm

Guru
What?

Nope, I don't think so. I use SPDs, have been doing so for the last 25 years and not a single problem. I use cleats from time to time, again not a problem. Toeclips are from a bygone era. Are you old?

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I'd love some goretex socks or winter shoes.

Instead, I got a pair of overshoes given by a kind CC member! :blush:

Top Bottom