Computer Proficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
domtyler;281287]I spent a decade working in ever more technical positions[/QUOTE]Kama Sutra???[quote name= said:
from first line helpdesk to floor support to app support to system implementation.
Ah, I see - sleeping your way to the top! :ohmy:

Trillian

I'm currently comfortable in three operating systems, but then no one uses spectrums anymore. :ohmy:

can switch between both mac (tiger and leopard) and windows (most versions going back to 3.1) with few worries

a fair bit of swearing when windows falls over, had the PC 4 years, 8th install of windows, 5th PSU, 3rd hard drive, its also caught fire.

having had the warenty and tech support finish (given to me as part of disabled students allowance) its now a lot more reliable except for the recent windows failing to load.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Completely illiterate on the computer front ... but luckily hubby can take them apart and swear at them lots and finally put them together again.... there are always computer bits sitting around the house from where he tinkers with them.

Now I just need him to transfer that tinkering mode to my bikes and then I'd have my own mechanic in the house.

asterix

Comrade Member
Am an ex-IT professional with a UMIST computer degree so I know how they ought to work. These days I have better things to do than mess with them.. ..like going out on my bike.

Keith Oates

Janner
I have to spend far too much time on the computer for work, I can get by fairly well using software etc. but fixing problems is not my forte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

I should be proficient having spent 25 years as a programmer. But I ceased caring years ago and was overtaken in the enthusiasm stakes by the young bucks who have loads of whizzo knowledge about messing around with java applets etc. I became more interested in the applications for software and not the developing of it.

I look back on the years when I was equally enthusiastic with a kind of wonder... as if it must have been someone else. I can't be arsed with it today.

morehawes

yello said:
I look back on the years when I was equally enthusiastic with a kind of wonder... as if it must have been someone else. I can't be arsed with it today.

Funny, i'm just finishing my degree and have come to the same conclusion. Three years of programming was enough for me!

simonali

Guru
I like to think of myself as semi-alright. I've never had to reinstall Windoze in 9 years of PC ownership, have never had a virus and am perfectly happy to replace any of the parts inside them.

First PC I happened across was a DOS based work one many years ago, that had something like an 8MHz processor and I took that apart and rebuilt it a few times (had to, it was an Amstrad!).

Mr Pig

dantheman said:
I have friends that did 3 years computing at college, whereas i did none.

I thought the more you knew about computers the less friends you had?

I'm pretty good on them, though I'm not very good with the rat yet.

gbb

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
See, I don't even know what Hijack Logs are.:smile:

I know you're not really interested...really :sad:...but i'll tell you anyway :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

You log onto MSN Community Feedback forum, use a piece of software to produce a Hijack log, post it in the forum, then the mods analyse it for you then advise what action to take.
You may do this two or three times to eradicate virus's and adware etc...but it's never let us down yet..
Here's an example of it in action...

http://groups.msn.com/CommunityFeed...LastModified=4675674637019569584&all_topics=1

You could never figure it out yourself :wacko:...i still dont know how they do it...doesnt really matter, it works :tongue:

Top Bottom