Contacted by someone claiming to be from "Quantum PC Support" regarding viruses ... anyone else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thank you Ian. :thumbsup: But I meant the junk mail leaflets that do not have my name and address on them. I think the MPS is for companies that have my name and address.

It also stops Royal Mail delivering the leaflets (& unnamed, addressed to the householder etc) .

Byegad, I shall try something like your version, if I get any of these calls.

What do you say to the people who ring you to ask if you want 75% of your debt written off?

You can string them out by asking which debt they are talking about. You can then go on to have fun with all sorts of debts to the Mafia, Russian gangsters, dear of Mrs Sonny Abacha etc. Just think variants on 419eater.com

Thank you Ian. :thumbsup: But I meant the junk mail leaflets that do not have my name and address on them. I think the MPS is for companies that have my name and address.

I just throw them back in the post box for the Royal Mail to deal with. There's a sort of poetic balance to it.

PBancroft

I just throw them back in the post box for the Royal Mail to deal with. There's a sort of poetic balance to it.

I imagine it will just be junked by the staff, just like most people junk the stuff when they receive it. Horrific waste of money for the companies involved, not to mention the paper, but must make a decent income for Royal Mail or they wouldn't bother.

I imagine it will just be junked by the staff, just like most people junk the stuff when they receive it. Horrific waste of money for the companies involved, not to mention the paper, but must make a decent income for Royal Mail or they wouldn't bother.

Almost certainly but it makes them have to go through the same annoying process that they make us do of sorting out the junk from the genuine.

But surprisingly it can't be a horrific waste of money for the companies or they would not do it. Like spam, its the small percentage that do respond that make it worth them doing.

PBancroft

Almost certainly but it makes them have to go through the same annoying process that they make us do of sorting out the junk from the genuine.

But by people who have no power over what they deal with on a day to day basis.

If you want to make a point, send it to someone like Donald Brydon

A while back I received a junk email from a bunch of ambulance chasers. The devil making work for idle hands I filled it in giving the number of an mobile I hardly ever give out, injured foot, also a false name. Sure enough next morning, mobile rings.
"Hello, can I speak to Boris?"
"I'll bring him, but he can't speak very well"
"OK I'll wait"
Two minutes later Boris is sat next to me.
Phoner: "Hello Boris, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your accident, can you tell me how it happened?"
Me: "I'll speak for Boris, if that's alright, he thinks he put it on something sharp on the pavement."
Phoner: "Did you seek medical treatment?"
Me: "I took him to the vet straight away."
"VET?"
"Yes, vet, Boris is a small black and white cat."
"Silence"

Top Bottom