Cookson: Sports that believe they don't have doping problems are in denial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
Discuss....personally I couldn't agree more. Plenty of worms to come out of cans, soem governing bodies don't even seem to have an opener.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Nothing to discuss, he stating fact as the wide range of athletes and the range of sports from which people have been banned is widespread clearly shows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_sport

Where there is big money and sponsorship deal, there is corruption.

thom

____
I think that while it is clear that many sports have problems, somehow for me that does not provoke the response that there is nothing left to discuss. Seems far more worthy of discussion than some of the recent threads on Lance Armstrong…

UCI implemented.
Got it.

The problem as I see it, isn't just that many sports have inadequate testing, it is that within any particular sport there are vast discrepancies between the nations governing bodies as to what constitutes rigorous testing in the first place. We end up with the World Anti Doping Agency having more bark than bite because the guilty athletes country defends their own. Madness.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Pro Tennis will be the next to face the music , its rife and the governing body won't implement UCI standards.
Yip Andy Murray was in the press not that long ago saying tennis needs more testing...Maybe the Spanish clay king will get found out.

SWSteve

Guru
Murray has been very vocal about his views on doping, and testing, as has Federer from last year. Almost the opposite of Djokovic who feels that missing tests is fine, provided you don't test positive at any point...and then you have Roddick whinging because he couldn't wee and as a result had to stay until he could.

Tennis Prima Donnas Dopers

OP
OP
O

oldroadman

Veteran
The problem as I see it, isn't just that many sports have inadequate testing, it is that within any particular sport there are vast discrepancies between the nations governing bodies as to what constitutes rigorous testing in the first place. We end up with the World Anti Doping Agency having more bark than bite because the guilty athletes country defends their own. Madness.

Certain caribbean island springs to mind. Small population, lots of fast runners. It's a sad world when rumours start, easiest way to sort it is a very rigorous programme with testing done from outside the country by an independent body. Which goes a long way to prove results are achieved the right way. Can't see it happening though, too much money and reputation at stake. Or look east to a huge country or two....

Top Bottom