Correct spokes for Shimano hubs into Sun CR18 rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hi folks, I'm struggling to find a spoke calculator that knows about Sun's CR18 rims in 349 size, 36-hole and at the same time understands the hubs I'm using. Does anyone know one?... I want to lace a Shimano SG-S700 11-speed Alfine rear hub in 1x and a Shimano HB-M475 in radially for the front. Now the odd thing is that the rear should do that undished, whereas because the front has a single disc it will be dished over.... hence me wanting to find a calculator that knows about them....

QFour

Regular
Use prowheelbuilder and put your own dimensions in. You will need the data sheets for the hubs or a vernier calliper to work out the sizes. The CR18 rims you just need the ERD for the rim in your case 349 which looks like a 16" wheel. Hmmmm Brompton ... Looks like you are going to have fun.

11 Speed Hub Sizes .. http://www.kstoerz.com/freespoke/hub/190

Had a go at working it out .. I get 159.6 and 161 Spokes with 3 crossed

Last edited:
OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Having read a bit more up regarding wheels, it looks like radial is a bad idea with a disc on the front, so I'm guessing 2x at both ends.... the ERD is 340mm

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Many thanks for that link BTW, they're pretty exhaustive, even though I had to put the CR18's ERD in by hand...

Top Bottom