Cottingham Road Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teletext45

Hey just a quick plug, after getting peaved off with snobbery and elitist with some clubs doing huge rides with ctc clubs and paying membership fees and getting nothing in return. Becuase of all these reasons me and some of my cycling friends have decided to launch a new club with a missions statment of being a welcomign club for all abilities with one focus- Getting out on the road and cycling!

http://www.cottinghamroadclub.co.uk

The site is still work in progress but will be getting updated once we've got routes planed and confirmed a start time.

feedback would be appreciated!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
For my penn'orth, I reckon you could have a deal of success. From speaking to others, it appears the perceived lack of welcome and encouragement, along with stuffy rules put off many from joining cycling clubs. Please put me down as a potential member as I live just over the great divide river from Cottingham.

Hi Gerry, I am involved with Andy in starting the club up. It's an idea we have to create a non racing club with a big focus on friendly and supportive riding with good communication and, basically sharing out passion for riding our bikes. I recon there are lots of riders out there who want the company of a group ride without the pressure of having to ride really hard just to keep up all the time. Dont get me wrong we like to ride at a fair pace but will always ride to support the 'latern rouge'. These other clubs I'm sure are really good and it is not our intention to dis-respect them but to me they don't cater for the rider who's just happy to ride at their own tempo!
Thanks for the reply and comments. You would be very welcome to join the club. It is very new and we (Andy) :blush: are trying to get things like the web site, flyers and the club rides sorted with a view to some away day rides to the National Parks and Manchester Velodrome in the future, as we are planning to start local club rides next weekend (TBC).

If you get the opportunity please spread the word as we are trying to put ourselves out there as much as possible.

Hope to see you soon and please keep in touch Gerry,

If you would like my mobile phone number please PM me.

Cheers, Stu.

OP
OP
teletext45

teletext45

Hi Gerry, along with stu i'm the other creater of CRC.

Were looking to start out first ride out on sunday 16th october, please keep an eye on the website or pm me or stu if you have any querys.

Basically were a club which is going to avoid any affiliation avoid making the club rides into races and just enjoy the cycling..

Had a bit of interest from about 3/4 members.

we do have a membership form just so we have details of next of kin etc incase of an accident so if you would like to come all we ask is that you fill out a form.

Hopefully see you soon!

Andy

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Hi guys

looks a good site & idea

May I make a suggestion :-

Could you have one ride a month from Beverley - this the last Sunday of the month? -this the idea / one you muted a while back (& Colly & I rodea route the other week)

Second part of suggestion could you meet in 'Saturday Market' at the Bandstand - this gives FREE parking on a Sunday, plenty of space to park if needed, nearby newsagent & coffee shop opposite!

My riding for the foreseable future will reduce, but making a monthly ride might be possible for me.

Ps -regards the form, 'next of kin' applies to 'burial rights - & loosely defined in law, better to put 'person/s to contact in an emergency'

laugh.gif
The form says 'In case of emergency' so I think we should be okay !

I will ask Andy if it can be put on the website to make it easy for people to access.

the ferret

well done andy/stu its up and running we will see were it goes from here from trev

OP
OP
teletext45

teletext45

1-Could you have one ride a month from Beverley - this the last Sunday of the month? -this the idea / one you muted a while back (& Colly & I rodea route the other week)

2-Second part of suggestion could you meet in 'Saturday Market' at the Bandstand - this gives FREE parking on a Sunday, plenty of space to park if needed, nearby newsagent & coffee shop opposite!

Hey, just to letpeople know the emergency contact form has been uploaded to the 'join us/login' page signing up also allows you to comment on the news page and adds you to my mailing list. We're getting more and more interest so it's looking like the the first meet is going to be on the 23rd of october leaving from the pruple cow, hallgate, cottingham.

Looking at a kit supplier for next year :Shutt VR details to follow....

To answer craigs suggestions, i've spoke to stu and we're looking to organize a monthly ride which passes though beverley, so anyone who wants to come can pick up the ride as we pass through.

The meeting point has already been organised for The purple cow in cottingham with the owner cafe so i don't want to change it now.

andy

OP
OP
teletext45

teletext45

Hey all, just a quick update, first meet is going to be on the 23rd the route is now on the website so hope to see some people there !

andy

OP
OP
teletext45

teletext45

Hey! hope all is good with everyone- well i've recovered from my little accident last week :/

Is anyone from here planning to come to our first ride out on the 23rd? would love to see a reasonable turn out

Andy

OP
OP
teletext45

teletext45

Most deff! - if your planning to come along at some stage don't hestiate to pm me and ill be happy to forward you on some really good directions along with what we have planned

Andy
CRC

Top Bottom