County boundary lines challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Willd

Willd

Veteran
No, I went down Ash Lane through No Man's Heath. Route was as below - No Man's Heath (Warwickshire), Chilcote (Leicestershire), Netherseal (Derbyshire) & Clifton Campville (Staffordshire) :okay:
1658086302273.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And here's another one. I'm not taking this challenge very seriously, just snapping signs when I see them.
1659603460907.png

Late coming to this thread, but particularly enjoying the Midlands routes / photos, being a Coventry Kid born and bred, moved just down the road to South Warwickshire at the age of 22 until 42, when I moved down here (many years ago) to very rural, coastal West Somerset.

I remember Sunday morning rides with the lads, starting in Warwickshire, when, on different rides, we could easily take in a combination of West Midlands, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire.

Now I live where I do, it would be an extremely hilly c40 mile round trip to North Devon, or c90 mile there and back to the City and County of Bristol, or c85 mile round trip to Dorset border.

Glamorgan actually not that far away (as the seagull flies) but me and the bike may get a tad damp.

Warwickshire such a good base for a County border "bagging"! Good memories.

FrothNinja

Veteran
DSC_8984.JPG

Solocle

Über Member
Ooh, I don't have a tally, and I also forgot some riding in Wales.
8JPeSEu2JnUmK36vYntNHBlCaz9fPwIJKQEg0S7E-2048x1536.jpg

becNeKNprV4cYP3v-GvxApWKP-jEweQUWlK8Vwsg-2048x1536.jpg

Current tally:
England:
1693817814060.png

Wales

Monmouthshire, Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire, Brecknockshire, Glamorgan (inc. tripoint of latter 3).
Scotland
Dumrieshire, Lanarkshire, Dunbartonshire, Argyllshire, Perthshire, Inverness-shire, Ross-shire (Cromartyshire), Sutherland, Caithness.
?hash=7600817e9c119e87c9726d1c099f98e0.png

Attachments

• 1693819409981.png
    1693819409981.png
    285.5 KB · Views: 1
Fairly regularly cycle through No Man's Heath which has a pub ( now Indian restaurant) named Four counties Inn as it's near the boarders of Leicestershire , Warwickshire , Staffordshire and Derbyshire you can be in all 4 counties within a 2 mile radius . Apparently there is a marker stone where the counties used to meet before line were redrawn slightly

Not to forget at Trent Lock near Long Eaton, an important junction where the River Trent meets the River Soar. This is where Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire meet.
IMG_9481.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom