Covid... again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Our lateral flow tests are past their expiry date now

Onto our last pack now. Me and the children both got Covid again. Think that was my 3rd.

Mine was really mild and gone in 3 days. Then felt absolutely normal for a week before coming down with persistent headache, muscular pain and cough. Am testing negative though, so probably only have avian flu. My wife reckons it's Ebola.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Had it now for 5-7 days...

Currently like a very bad cold, first few days, the headaches, muscles and joint, coughs, sneezes and shivering at various times.
Had a few lateral flow left in date...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I suspect that I am currently getting over another dose of Covid. I have run out of test kits so I didn't check at the time but this feels similar to the other times. Each infection was on the mild side but took me many weeks to get over. I have been feeling rough for over a month now.

Ironically, I got the invite for Covid and flu booster jabs a few days after getting ill. I will wait a month after recovering from this illness before having them.
I finally started feeling better last week. I am still slightly wheezy but I no longer feel ill, and have much more ooomph when cycling.

Got my COVID jab almost 3 weeks ago. But towards the end of an overseas holiday I developed a snivel - which got worse when I got home. 2 negative LFTs - but the cold isn't shifting without getting two gross ...I have the thick snot when I blow my nose - yet still still the clear runny stuff you get at the start of a cold. Coughing up a small amount of mucus + bit of a headache.

Sensibly I think it's unlikely to be COVID - but it's a very weird cold !!!

stephec

Legendary Member
Not wishing to be a fun sponge or anything, but this is my experience of it, and before I had it I was on top form whilst Mrs stephec got away with a couple of days when she felt like she had a bad cold.

I've not run sine 9th Sept.

I got the all clear from covid at the end of August and went back to work but after a week I was completely knackered and had to go on the sick for a week, which ended up being a month, and I missed the Knutsford 10k on October 1st, an absolutely pan flat pb course.

And now I've got my favourite race of the year taunting me with the, 'it's only a month until the Wesham 10k,' email, another pb potential course.

Never mind, there's always next year. 😊

Milzy

Guru
Got my COVID jab almost 3 weeks ago. But towards the end of an overseas holiday I developed a snivel - which got worse when I got home. 2 negative LFTs - but the cold isn't shifting without getting two gross ...I have the thick snot when I blow my nose - yet still still the clear runny stuff you get at the start of a cold. Coughing up a small amount of mucus + bit of a headache.

Sensibly I think it's unlikely to be COVID - but it's a very weird cold !!!

It’s a weird cold because it’s just a variant of Covid.

It’s a weird cold because it’s just a variant of Covid.

That's evaded a vaccine and 2 COVID tests - seems unlikely.

Milzy

Guru
That's evaded a vaccine and 2 COVID tests - seems unlikely.

The vaccines help to identify it they don’t make you 100% immune. Tests aren’t always accurate. The lock down days there were so many false positives and false negatives.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The vaccines help to identify it they don’t make you 100% immune. Tests aren’t always accurate. The lock down days there were so many false positives and false negatives.

and the tests were designed about 26 variants ago...

should we even be trying to distinguish between colds, flu and "Covid" all just virus's

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve just had the latest variant, came up very loud and clear positive about 3 days post scratchy throat start.
I tested to be sure as I needed to be sure before taking my elderly mother to see more elderly father who’s very sick in hospital currently :sad:
I waited until test was negative even though I felt fairly ok.

With respect I said unlikely not impossible.

I’ve just had the latest variant, came up very loud and clear positive about 3 days post scratchy throat start.
I tested to be sure as I needed to be sure before taking my elderly mother to see more elderly father who’s very sick in hospital currently :sad:
I thought the tests looked for the antibodies - not the specific variant ?

Hope you're ok with the new variant.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought the tests looked for the antibodies - not the specific variant ?

Hope you're ok with the new variant.

I was commenting that the LFT picked up Covid despite the tests being developed many variants ago.
Fine, no worse than a moderate cold of old. No need to rush for a Covid vaccination (although I will get my cardiologist’s opinion)

Top Bottom