cricket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Excellent game. Looking forward to the summer to watch a few games at the local club. The standard ain't that great but enjoyable nonetheless.

It's been nearly 20 years since I played. Likewise with rugby. But I am finding myself more and more drawn back to them.

montage

God Almighty
Noodley said:
Excellent game. Looking forward to the summer to watch a few games at the local club. The standard ain't that great but enjoyable nonetheless.

It's been nearly 20 years since I played. Likewise with rugby. But I am finding myself more and more drawn back to them.

Old man's game ;)

col

Legendary Member
I never bothered with cricket, but my brother in law is mad about it so Iv ended up watching the odd bit, and quite enjoyed it too.

bonj2

I wonder who's going to be the first to invite themselves to be shot down in flames by claiming cricket's a sport......;)

Noodley

bonj said:
I wonder who's going to be the first to invite themselves to be shot down in flames by claiming cricket's a sport......:ohmy:

Of course it's a sport - and a game. Would that confuse you too much that something which is a game is also a sport? :smile:

bonj said:
I wonder who's going to be the first to invite themselves to be shot down in flames by claiming cricket's a sport......:ohmy:

Oh bloody hell. Here we go - another 25 page thread.:smile:

bonj2

Noodley said:
Of course it's a sport - and a game. Would that confuse you too much that something which is a game is also a sport? :ohmy:

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!:smile:
course it's not a sport - don't be stupid!
Surely a sport is something that involves physical exertion?
A sport is usually something that you have a towel-off and a sip of energy drink from a bottle in between rounds of. Cricket is something that you have a sit down cup of tea, a posh meal of lah-de-dah sandwiches and sometimes even sleep overnight in between the rounds of. On a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being Chess and 10 being most sports like tennis, squash, badminton, football, etc. being about 10, then cricket is probably about 0.4 to 0.6, not much more than poker even which is probably about 0.3.
Most of the blokes stand around doing absolutely nothing most of the time, when they're playing - the ones that are waiting to bat aren't even standing up - they're sitting on a bench having a cup of tea.

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
What, like the Tour de France, you mean?:ohmy:

well the tour de france is more of a collection of sporting events, anyhow it's only really a 'sport' in the loose sense of the term, i'd describe it as a 'race'. A true sport is one in which one player's performance actually depends on the opponent's, e.g. in tennis where if you do a good shot, it's harder to do a good shot back. But also one which is physically exersional, which is why cricket is largely not classed as a sport.

Top Bottom