Criterium du Dauphine 2016 *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I wasn't surprised about Bardet, but Pinot really hadn't been looking good recently. Good for him though.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Really pleased to see Pinot getting his form back and Bardet looking so strong.
Hé, Monsieur Smutchiné! Est que vous avec Pinot et Bardet? 131589-4e65a85488a7857ef0ca0c554300d0e1.jpg

Attachments

• 6onions.png
    6onions.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 79

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Would it have made any difference if he said so beforehand? He seems to have this amazing ability to say 'I'm going to win today', and then just do it - and no-one can stop him.
He doesn't normally go that early though.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Dimension Data absolutely stormed that race: two stages from EBH and Cummings; and two jerseys, the points for EBH and the Mountains for Teklehaimanot (again). I wonder if he can have a more sustained attempts at the Tour mountains title this time around? EBH looks on as good all-round form right now as I've ever seen him, despite being 'too heavy' according to some pundits.

Interestingly, another East African was second in the Mountains competition this year, young Tsgabu Grmay from Ethopia, and actually he looked like he had the beating of Teklahaimanot on more than a couple of occasions, he just didn't seem to make his challenge for the jersey earlier enough in the race.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It sets up the tour nicely.
Froome, Contador, Bardet, Pinot all showing their current strength, with Aru keeping his cards drier.
Quintana, training in Colombia, is the unknown quantity so far.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
And a nice quote as to Cummings' motivation

"I don't think I go under the radar now. I think people know that they need to try and follow me and it's harder but in the end if you have a lot of wattage and you're efficient in the bike. I race for passion. I don't like GC. For me, ten teams on the front protecting one guy… for me that's not why I race my bike. I race for days like today and for really beautiful ways to win."

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

"I don't think I go under the radar now. I think people know that they need to try and follow me and it's harder but in the end if you have a lot of wattage and you're efficient in the bike. I race for passion. I don't like GC. For me, ten teams on the front protecting one guy… for me that's not why I race my bike. I race for days like today and for really beautiful ways to win."
Yes, nice quote indeed. And he did it in style. A perfect day for him.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist

That's proper old school attitude. Love it.

Top Bottom