CTC trip to Rugby 1955

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Anyone in the Midlands recognise these places after 55 years.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qyz5d3entBw

Back to a getler, more respectful age. When all cyclists were referred to as "he" no matter what sex they were. :rolleyes: And British Rail had a proper cycle car. Do train companies still have any? (I think I know the answer to this). :angry: Just a pity we don't still have British Rail or we might. :sad:

I haven't found out how to put a youtube ling on here properly yet. Can anyone tell me how to do this. :whistle:

Anyone in the Midlands recognise these places after 55 years.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qyz5d3entBw

Back to a getler, more respectful age. When all cyclists were referred to as "he" no matter what sex they were. :rolleyes: And British Rail had a proper cycle car. Do train companies still have any? (I think I know the answer to this). :angry: Just a pity we don't still have British Rail or we might. :sad:

I haven't found out how to put a youtube ling on here properly yet. Can anyone tell me how to do this. :whistle:

Yes, I grew up in Husbands Bosworth, used to drink in the pub they stopped at and they ride past my house:hello:

I used to ride all around the lanes they cycled down, too.

I'm thinking of running a ride next year to take in some of the roads and villages they did but the film is made up with clips from different rides and it's not possible to recreate the route in the film exactly.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
cycle cars were a by product of mail and parcels carriage. only ever the secondary use never the primary. once goods went onto the roads the end of cycle carraige was always nigh, BR or no.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
rugby? who wants to go to rugby?

love that film, seen it many times
thumbsup.png

rh100

Rugby itself might not be a hot destination - but the countryside around it is fantastic

Top Bottom