Cube AMS110 - Internally routed cables for shifters - how to fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

puiufly

Hello everybody,
I have an AMS - Cube AMS110
Gears/Shifters cables are routed inside the downtube.
They enter inside downtube somewhere near headtube an exit from it just before bottom bracket.
In the upper part, the cables tubes just stop into frame, in a tube end which is part of the frame.
In the lower part, there is a hole where an tube end is fitting (can be removed, the hole into frame is about 4-5 mm)
Now, trying to re-install the cables, I inserted the cable from upper parts (coming for shifter levers, naturally) into downtube frame, but there is no chance to hit the exit for the cable, even if the hole there is without the tube end (to be fit later). It seems there is no guidance inside the downtube and the cable is moving freely inside.

Cables%2BCubeAMS110.jpg

How do I pass the cables through the frame?
How do I exit the cable from the frame?

Thank you,
Puiu

First you suck a piece of sewing cotton through the frame using a vacuum cleaner. Then you tape the cotton to the cable and pull that through. You have to be precise on how you tape the cotton to the cable so as to not cause a hook. It must appear as if the cotton comes out directly from the inside of the cable.

lpretro1

Strip out a long piece of gear cable inner plastic sleeve from a casing. before removing the inner wire feed this plastic sleeve down until it p[ops out other end. Secure it then remove the old wire - feed new wire down plastic sleeving and then remove the sleeving. Sod the sucking a bit of cotton with a vacuum job...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Strip out a long piece of gear cable inner plastic sleeve from a casing. before removing the inner wire feed this plastic sleeve down until it p[ops out other end. Secure it then remove the old wire - feed new wire down plastic sleeving and then remove the sleeving. Sod the sucking a bit of cotton with a vacuum job...

Ah but he is buggered, he already has the cable out !! :tongue:

U

User6179

Lie the bike on its side and feed the cable through then fish out the cable with an old spoke with a hooked end , worked for me.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
First breed a very small ferret... I hate internal routing - I have enough trouble just getting them thought the brake hoods.

DRHysted

Guru
Before I re-do the internal cabling on the Roubaix again (a lot of swearing was involved last time) I intend to purchase a Park Tools IR1 kit.

I know this won't help you now, but something to think about for the future.

Drago

Legendary Member
No, you're no being over cautious, CF is a wonderful material, but notoriously weak at handling g loads on planes or directions it was never laid up to withstand.

Top Bottom