Cycle Chat Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Little update folks as I was dabbling on the Oregon website, based on an order of 30 or more jerseys. I've included shipping costs, about $6 per jersey. This would include raised flock lettering front and back, I'd personally go for Cyclechat on the back and MacB on the front. The options are:-

Chest size - XS 30-31", S 33-34", M 36-37", L 39-40", XL 42-43", XXL 45-46".

Colours - all jerseys have a cream band around chest and back - Blue, Red, Black and Black with a Red band below the cream one.

The short sleeve jersey has three rear pockets with buttons, the long sleeved has a 9" pocket with a zip.

I have worn, and washed, mine twice, went through machine on 30 deg standard cycle and then laid it flat to dry. Washed inside out to minimise risk of bobbling, so far can see no sign of wear, shrinkage or damage to lettering. I wore it on the Southend day ride, with a merino base layer underneath, and was comfortable. I've personally had no itchiness etc, it feels silky to me, have worn with and without base layer. I can also vouch for the fact that, after a hot day in the saddle, and a few beers, there was no noticeable body odour on it when I took it off.

The cost - long sleeve would work out at approx £40 and short at approx £37.

This is for 100% merino wool customised for you - I can't find anything approaching this sort of deal in the UK.

Visit the site if you want to see for yourself:-

http://www.oregoncyclewear.com/MerinoWool.html

I'm sure smarter folks than me can put pics of me, or Davy, wearing ours, into this thread.

MajorMantra

Is merino much less itchy than regular wool? I itch badly with normal wool next to my skin.

Matthew

MacB

MajorMantra said:
Is merino much less itchy than regular wool? I itch badly with normal wool next to my skin.

Matthew

sorry Matthew, I don't know, I don't tend to itch with wool.

dmoan

Guru
My wife bought be one of the Brooks long sleeve merino jerseys for my birthday last week (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28013) and it feels gorgeous. I wore it with and without a baselayer and can vouch for the lack of itchiness.

I have one of the current CycleChat jerseys, and am waiting for the Septmeber order to get another (long-sleeved, this time) but would jump at the chance to get one (or many!) of the merino versions MacB is discussing.

MacB

well we need 30 or more to get that price, so that's 2 of us so far:biggrin: To be honest I'll get one anyway, it's about another £20 on the price for just one. I don't like the elasticated waist on the other CC ones.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
MajorMantra said:

Matthew

Matthew, regular wool makes me itch like hell too! - I recently bought a Shutt VR merino wool jersey after they assured me it wouldn't itch, even said they'd take it back if it did. It doesn't at all - silky smooth and keeps you really cool.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
MacBludgeon said:
well we need 30 or more to get that price, so that's 2 of us so far:biggrin: To be honest I'll get one anyway, it's about another £20 on the price for just one. I don't like the elasticated waist on the other CC ones.

Looks nice, I'd be interested too at £40 - so that's 3.
I don't want MacB on mine though, no offence!!! :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'll go for an Oregon. S/S or L/S.

MacB, can you have a different wording on the front for everyone at that price?

dmoan

Guru
Note to Will1985 (if you are reading this thread) - my desire for a merrio CycleChat jersey in no way changes my stated commitment to order a 'normal' jersey and jacket when your next order comes around.

It is MacB who is the splitter - not me!

MacB

rich p said:
I'll go for an Oregon. S/S or L/S.

MacB, can you have a different wording on the front for everyone at that price?

as far as I know, yes, I've e-mailed them to verify, basically the lettering on each side is $3.75 per line. I'll post up their response....Al

MacB

threebikesmcginty said:
Just a thought MacB - is a bulk order going to get clobbered for import tax?

good point, will investigate that, deal on shirts is approx $16 for first shipment to UK and $6 extra for each one after that. Perhaps it would be worth getting them to subdivide, maybe parcels of 3 or 4.

Will1985

Über Member
No worries dmoan.

I had a gander at Sugoi further up the thread a while ago and determined that we'd be liable for Import VAT for any shipment over the value of £18 at a rate of 15% CIF.

If the value coming in is £35, it would go up to £40.25. It's all a bit of a lottery as I was shafted for import VAT on my wheelbuilder covers, but someone else who bought some the same day got away with it.

MajorMantra

Will1985 said:
No worries dmoan.

I had a gander at Sugoi further up the thread a while ago and determined that we'd be liable for Import VAT for any shipment over the value of £18 at a rate of 15% CIF.

If the value coming in is £35, it would go up to £40.25. It's all a bit of a lottery as I was shafted for import VAT on my wheelbuilder covers, but someone else who bought some the same day got away with it.

Don't forget they sometimes charge ridiculous handling fees as well. My experience is that they're pretty good at picking up on stuff from the US.

Matthew

Top Bottom