cycle path to Clackmannan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
I would be up for that too, I can meet Kirkliston also :rolleyes:

( are there big roads there? :biggrin: )

Meant to ask you Scoosh, the Cleish hills, are they quiet? would I be capable of them? I would not mind trying some hills sometime, I need to build myself up :biggrin:

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Kirkliston seems to be on the main westbound route out of Edinburgh for cyclists. The road in from Cramond seems the most popular

I'm trying to build up some fitness on the hills so I tend to go out west to the Bathgate hills.

The climb up to Cairnpapple is not easy !

Once I've got some miles in I'll take you up on your offer.

Jane Smart said:
the Cleish hills, are they quiet?
The forrest road goes straight through the middle of them and is very quiet indeed you often only see 1 car at the most and the views over Kinross/ Loch Leven are good. To get to them you'll need cycle up slightly buisier back roads from Townhill but these are very quiet too, the town section can easily be by passed by joing the old Railway path just north of the QMH, I believe they've recenltly resurfaced it, I prefer to go straight through the town and bag an extra hill.

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
HlaB thanks for that. I have cycled that path from QMH a few times now, rode to the end of it and came out at townhill. I know exactly where you are thanks.

You are right the views are spectaculiar indeed, I have driven that road on many occasion. I was brought up in a place called Saline which is not too far away. ( not been through the forrest though )

I will need to look for the forrest road, that is my next adventure I think.

I was just along in Kelty ( in the car ) looking to cycle through Blairadam forrest, that may be a good one also?

:wacko:

Jane Smart said:
HlaB thanks for that. I have cycled that path from QMH a few times now, rode to the end of it and came out at townhill. I know exactly where you are thanks.

You are right the views are spectaculiar indeed, I have driven that road on many occasion. I was brought up in a place called Saline which is not too far away. ( not been through the forrest though )

I will need to look for the forrest road, that is my next adventure I think.

I was just along in Kelty ( in the car ) looking to cycle through Blairadam forrest, that may be a good one also?

:evil:
The Cleish road takes you straight through the middle of Blairadam, rather than heading to Kelty you turn left up a little road through the forrest, its just right of the junction of the Saline-Kelty road and the B915 Townhill Road.

Ive only cycled Kelty to Blairadam a few times, I can't be bothered with the M90 junction.

I know Saline well my dad built houses there and I like to cycle through it often its well connected by quiet roads, Saline to Townhill, Saline - Clackmannan, Saline - Hillend, Saline - Comrie and Saline to Carnock.

Seamab

I pass through Saline quite frequently on the bike. The B road to Dollar has been resurfaced on the Fife side and is lovely - pity about the Clacks side.

I have a nice short loop from Dollar that loops round the Blairingone - Saline back road and the Saline - Hillend road (left on the minor road at Busses Farm) for a great descent.

Sometimes i take the Saline - Dunfermline rd for a Knockhill circuit and take the minor road off it that leads past the dump.

Or the Saline - Comrie road then via Oakley to Hardies Bikes near Crossford.

Quite a nice cycling spot all in.

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
HLaB said:
The Cleish road takes you straight through the middle of Blairadam, rather than heading to Kelty you turn left up a little road through the forrest, its just right of the junction of the Saline-Kelty road and the B915 Townhill Road.

Ive only cycled Kelty to Blairadam a few times, I can't be bothered with the M90 junction.

I know Saline well my dad built houses there and I like to cycle through it often its well connected by quiet roads, Saline to Townhill, Saline - Clackmannan, Saline - Hillend, Saline - Comrie and Saline to Carnock.

I think I know where you are thanks, I will check it out today I think;)

So if your dad built houses there are you Swanson? Rennie? They are two builders I know, I cannot think of any others.:evil:

Jane Smart said:
HLab I know your dad, I just checked out your profile. We bought one of his houses in Kildonan Park in 1989 ;)

What a small world eh? :biggrin:
It is indeed :smile:

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Just did 15 and a half miles ( that extra half counted :thumbsup: ) in Blairadam forrest, boy there are some good hills in there, but I managed to get to that beautiful bit where the view is stunning across Loch Leven:biggrin:

Oh I fell in mud too, tried to cycle through a really muddy bit, bike came to a stand still and I toppled over :wacko:

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
scook94 said:
Thought you weren't going to use clipless pedals? :wacko:

I don't as you well know, I just seemed to keel over :thumbsup:

I have had to hose my bike down, put my trainers in the washing machine and I am off for a bath now. I have grit in my mouth too!

Seems I have alot to learn yet ;-)

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but if anyone ever wants to do this path, or any other for that matter, please just say, I am more than happy to go out any day with company. I don't work so any day is usually suitable for me :biggrin:

Top Bottom