CycleChat End-to-End Relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
OK sorry, you see..... another reason i shouldn't be overlord.. already forgotten you have done that.

Do you want to copy/paste and amend the south 1,2 and 3 start/finish points on the list?

peanut

Is anyone prepared to map the first 108 miles from Lands End to Crediton using bikehike ?

I think it needs someone else who is prepared to map out the first 108 miles from Lands End before we can start to break the route up and appoint section organisers.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
peanut said:
Is anyone prepared to map the first 108 miles from Lands End to Crediton using bikehike ?

I think it needs someone else who is prepared to map out the first 108 miles from Lands End before we can start to break the route up and appoint section organisers.

You may be right, but we need approximate towns etc so they know roughly where the region will start and finish before they volunteer.. They can then map the routes precisely and start/finish points can be determined between regional organisers.

peanut

as you have already posted a list Wigsie its probably less confusing if you amend your list or no-one will know what is correct.

I think it is imperative that someone gets there finger out of a dark place and maps out the first 108 miles from Lands End .:surrender:
Until we know where the first section ends we cannot join my section to it and continue from Gloucester.Then we can split the ride into sections and invite volunteers to organise.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
peanut said:
as you have already posted a list Wigsie its probably less confusing if you amend your list or no-one will know what is correct.

I think it is imperative that someone gets there finger out of a dark place and maps out the first 108 miles from Lands End .:surrender:
Until we know where the first section ends we cannot join my section to it and continue from Gloucester.Then we can split the ride into sections and invite volunteers to organise.

Do we need an announcement or thread to reach a wider audience?

dodgy

Wow, this is turning into a monster but full marks for trying to thrash it out!

I tried to help organise a Ride Around Britain's Coast on the cycling weekly forums, in fact, after a while i kind of assumed all responsibility - it just happened. Problem is that I needed regional volunteers to take ownership of designing the various legs around the coast. At first everyone was saying "oh yeah, put me down" but when it came to the simple task of using their local knowledge and helping out, 50% of the volunteers dropped out which is a shame for those that had a go.
In the end the idea was scrapped, despite having the support of Cycling Weekly staff( articles in the comic etc).

Good luck chaps!

peanut

Wigsie said:
You may be right, but we need approximate towns etc so they know roughly where the region will start and finish before they volunteer.. They can then map the routes precisely and start/finish points can be determined between regional organisers.

you are putting the cart before the horse I think :surrender:

The start is LandsEnd

The finish of the first section is Crediton

The second section (mine) starts at Crediton ends at Gloucester .

From there on someone is going to have to map the route and break it up into manageable chunks as I have done for my section.

I'm not going to do all the work on this for other sections.
Its about time someone else put some time and effort into this. I'm getting a bit fed up doing it all by myself grrr

Wigsie

Nincompoop
peanut said:
you are putting the cart before the horse I think xx(

The start is LandsEnd

The finish of the first section is Crediton

The second section (mine) starts at Crediton ends at Gloucester .

From there on someone is going to have to map the route and break it up into manageable chunks as I have done for my section.

I'm not going to do all the work on this for other sections.
Its about time someone else put some time and effort into this. I'm getting a bit fed up doing it all by myself grrr

Ok, I see your point.

*Wigsie runs and falls over as he can't yet walk*

So we need South 1 and South 3 volunteers then?

Any takers? or are we going to have to abuse Panter's Map and start hounding Locals! :surrender::evil::laugh:

ferret fur

I don't want to pour cold water on this, because it is a great idea. But so far we have 28 people syaing they are willing to do it. I suggest we need at least 4 times that amount of interest shown before it is worth organising anything.

peanut

as long as you can keep your cool Wigsie when all around you are losing theirs ( me ) we'll succeed in the end.

Dodgy what are you doing next May ? hope you are going to do one of the legs somewhere ;):biggrin:

Right obviously no-one is going to do the LE to Crediton bit so I'll have a go. Its a very hilly and difficult route so it will take a few hours . I think we should avoid the A30 if possible because of the difficulty in finding places to stop and changeovers .
better get some coffee and chocolate its going to be a long night.:eek:

peanut

ferret fur said:
I don't want to pour cold water on this, because it is a great idea. But so far we have 28 people syaing they are willing to do it. I suggest we need at least 4 times that amount of interest shown before it is worth organising anything.

I think once all the different ride sections have been identified , mapped and listed,
we'll have no end of people wanting to ride ....trust me;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
peanut said:
Don't worry once all the work has already been done we'll have no end of people wanting to ride ....trust me;)

No doubt...

When it gets closer to the time I shall prepare our steeds... a pair of mighty high horses! :eek:

Garz

Squat Member
I think local knowlege is important, and im sure we have members on here to more or less cover the main part of the journey. But we cant bully members into it as then we will have dropouts nearer the event.

The good thing about peanut an wigsy is your passionate about this so are willing to put the effort in. I take it others are happy to do a leg but wont go out of their way if it involves much more effort.

I would start with a list of people who are dedicated and a backup list of probables. From there you can start pairing riders to certain sections of the route.

Top Bottom