Cycling 1km in 57 Seconds, is this any good??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Indoor times on a static trainer cannot be compared to times of other people on their trainers or on the road. As it is impossible to calibrate the resistance to the same level. Road times also have to account for gradients and wind.

But as a measure for youself to see how you improve over time, it's a useful measure.

DogmaStu

I don't think I've heard of such an impressive performance since @blazed was a member. 😁

I know that one well - very easy to set off the 30mph speed limit sign...:becool:

It's the one near the golf course. No sign there. If I'm right, the one you are thinking of is a steep downhill not far from there.

Do you live near Scarcroft/North Leeds area? We can meet for a social ride if you like.

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
If you're asking how fit you are, it would be infinitely more useful to know what your power numbers are, rather than time over distance. Doesn't matter what bike you were riding, in what position, what weather and what was the gradient, etc. - power never lies. In this case, max 60s power would be most relevant. A category 3/4 racer would push around 8W/kg; cat. 1/2 at least ~9.5W/kg; the pros probably around 11-12.

Solocle

Über Member
Yep, get yourself racing. A quick look back through my most recent KOM's out of interest and I did a 1.02km segment in Scarcroft here in Yorkshire in 1:01 which was 60.1km/h average. And it was -3.0% grade so downhill albeit the last bit involved an S-bend where I had to slow down.

Ok, I'm a 54 yr old has-been but still, if you can emulate that time on the road you can race Cat 3 or 4. Probably.
Best I've got is Fleet Moss up there. 42 second kilometre, but still a way off a one minute mile :smile:.
1692991255779.png

1692991093634.png

Top Bottom