Cycling the morning after drinking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You want to try riding a bike when you're banged out on a bhang lassi! :wacko:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAi4YFx0TzN7fNXBRkSUpt2cXTsiGNkx8nn_6Vuz3D2tRn9JIR.jpg

VERY interesting!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'd just like to point out that fear of prosecution is never a factor in my decision making.

Regardless of what the law is I personally wouldn't cycle after a few pints. The last time I cycled home after a few too many drinks a 45 minutes journey turned into a 2 hour debacle that involved a couple of quick rests/inspections of the hedgerow and a broken right collar bone. I reckon my bicycle gave me a harsher punishment than any copper could of that night lol.

Nowadays I have a self imposed 2 pint limit.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cycling with a few pints in the belly is one of the freedoms which cycling still affords us, so enjoy it while you can. Some do-gooder nobber will no doubt manage to get the law changed at some point.

In Scotland, a competent charge would be "drunk in charge of a carriage", but that would entail being drunk to the point of being incapable of looking after yourself. Steaming drunk and legless, basically. That is hugely different to being "over the prescribed limit", which is not possible for a cyclist as there is NO prescribed limit.

As for points on licence, how would that work when you don't need a licence to cycle? It would be grossly unfair to put points on the driving licence of those who have one, when others cannot be similarly penalised.
Cycling is not driving so let's not even go there; unless we want similar conditions imposed on us such as mandatory insurance, cycling tests and licences, registration, roadworthiness tests, etc...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Is this the point where someone who isn't a lawyer but has an in-depth knowledge of certain parts of the law points out that you can get points on your driving licence even for non-driving offences? And then quotes the relevant paragraph of the relevant section of the relevant act?

srw

Anyway. Cycling after beer is a good thing. My first go on a Boris bike was after a bit of a skinful - great fun. I remember when I was younger necking a few pints, then unfolding my Brompton and wobbling off across London. These days I tend to do it left often than in my youth - I do remember writing off a bike wheel late one night when I steered into the kerb on my way home in my university days.

srw

Oh, and cycling with a hangover is no fun at all.

Tim Hall

Is this the point where someone who isn't a lawyer but has an in-depth knowledge of certain parts of the law points out that you can get points on your driving licence even for non-driving offences? And then quotes the relevant paragraph of the relevant section of the relevant act?
Is that a long winded way of saying paging @User ?

Top Bottom