Cycling UK Halfords discount falls to 8%

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
looks like they've cut it for all membership discount offers.

Always Cross

Veteran
If you were ex forces there is a Forces Discount Card the equivalent to the blue light card you can use it for hundreds of places best £5 I’ve spent.

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
I was looking at the details in December after Xmas. I must've not double checked before I joined.

Just a nasty surprise before buying a new bike. I'm using Halfords as I traded in my previous bike which was a Boardman.

And even though BC is 10%, I would've still decided on Cycling UK.

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
It's still 10%. I guess people shop there for bikes more than their servicing.

I know I do, the quality varies depending on the store but that's the same with independent bike shops

toffee

Guru
Ok I went in for car stuff but I have just promised myself, again, I won't buy anything from them any more. Their customer service is just useless.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not totally Halford related, but I noticed that the discount bar code etc is valid until the end of the year, not renewable every month.

Wooger

The cyclingUK discount can't be used online so is unbelievably annoying to actually use. Baffling.

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
Not totally Halford related, but I noticed that the discount bar code etc is valid until the end of the year, not renewable every month.

I think you reuse it in separate transactions. It surely isn't a one time use for the whole year?!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I think you reuse it in separate transactions. It surely isn't a one time use for the whole year?!

Previously a new code was issued every month. Now it appears that the code lasts for the year. You can use this, along with producing your membership card, as many times as you want on eligible purchases.

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
I have really bad timing. Too late so I got only 8% discount, not 10%.

Now I was too early. Just 2 weeks after I bought my bike, Halfords put it on sale 10% off!

Oh well, it's either 😭 or 😂😂

Top Bottom