Cyclist killed in Fife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well turns out that Alistairs nephew is a also a friend of my eldest at both school and the local scout group :sad: They are of to do their DoE hike today.Just shows how far reaching the consequences can be.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
RIP Condolences to friends and family

Fubar

Guru
Just heard from a mate, he was only laughing and joking with him on a TT last night :cry::cry::cry:

Do you know his age, roughly? I'm sure I went to primary school with an Alistair Speed, he was big into cycling then and I heard it was a club rider. Very very sad, that's a fairly straight road but cars travel fast along it.

your mate must have posted in my thread, shame :sad: . Not heard any more from my wifes friend as yet.... sounds like he may have been clipped from behind?? it will all come out eventually.

Do you mean the cyclist was clipped from behind? If so that is terrible, clearly not given the cyclist enough space.

To me its common sense, I dont drive a car but used to have a Vespa and if I seen a cyclist I would also give them plenty room, the minute you get too close your asking for trouble and I certainly wouldn't want someones death on my conscience

[QUOTE 2645293, member: 9609"]Common sense and driving are two disciplines that a surprising number of people don't seem to be able to combine.[/quote]

Unfortunately that is so true

e-rider

crappy member
RIP
Does anyone know if cyclist fatalities are on the increase across the UK or are they just being reported more? I understood that it's typically about 200 per year - has this increased in recent years?

buggi

Bird Saviour
RIP
Does anyone know if cyclist fatalities are on the increase across the UK or are they just being reported more? I understood that it's typically about 200 per year - has this increased in recent years?
. I can't remember which was the last report I saw bit I think it was the 13/14 in which they dropped slightly from the previous year. Last time I tried to look the figures weren't out for 14/15. It takes a couple of months to publish them which is why I think it was the 13/14 figures I saw. All KSIs are reported, by their nature the emergency services become involved, so automatically recorded. it's the minor accidents where it goes unreported so there are discrepancies there. The figure for killed ... 118 is popping into my head but don't quote me on that coz I haven't got the info to hand. Think serious injuries was around 3,000 (that means life changing not broken bones).

Top Bottom