Cyclist killed in Fife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The BBC now reports that this despicable woman has been jailed for 5 years:

Mother-of-two Julie Watson, 36, from Kinross was found guilty of causing the death of Alistair Speed after she hit him with her car on the A91 in Fife last September.

The High Court in Glasgow heard that she then deleted the call she had been making before calling the emergency services.

Mr Speed from Glenrothes died of severe head injuries.

GC

DWiggy

Über Member
So tragic and preventable, the amount of people I see on their phones and the close passes I get from time to time, you know the ones that feel like they just have not seen you really makes does me think....is it worth the risk?

RIP, just so sad!

jnrmczip

This sort of thing is happening far to often. It's a shame to say it will most likely go on for a long time yet. I feel for the families on both sides.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My biggest fear is it from behind, at least at front you can see whats ahead :sad: Didn`t think it would be this much jail time but I think they have taken into account the fact she tried to hide evidence, really sad and stupid a complete waste of life.

SeanM

Isn't it time for minimum mandatory sentences for killing someone whilst driving and using a phone ? It's not like using a phone whilst driving hasn't been illegal for 10+ years.

Top Bottom