Cyclist made me cross yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat

Yes Dom you are right, I hate cyclists, the bastards. Next time, I'll run the self-gratification artist over and laugh, LAUGH at his writhing, twisted body hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111one!!!!!!!!!.

domtyler said:
Your whole tone and manner exudes a barely concealed, latent rage for the cycling fraternity. Are you sure you wouldn't feel more at home on Pistonheads?

Don't talk cock man. You're trying to pick a fight in an empty room here.

Blue

Legendary Member
Disgruntled Goat said:
I was in my car going down the A65 at just below the NSL. Came around a bend to see two cyclists attemptig to enter my lane from a road on my right. They had gone over one lane and were hovering in the middle of the road attempting to cross over and proceed in my direction. They were clipped in and moving, albeit slowly.

I don't know the road, so correct me if I'm wrong, however, your post reads to me like you came round a bend to be confronted by 2 other road users who were already in the road. Your speed was such that you were unable to brake safely in the distance you could see to be clear - you had to perform an emergency stop.

If my reading of the situation is correct I don't understand your indignation. Having said that, I readily admit that I may be getting things wrong as I wasn't a witness and don't even know the road - so I apologise to you if I have got it wrong.

LLB

Blue said:
I don't know the road, so correct me if I'm wrong, however, your post reads to me like you came round a bend to be confronted by 2 other road users who were already in the road. Your speed was such that you were unable to brake safely in the distance you could see to be clear - you had to perform an emergency stop.

If my reading of the situation is correct I don't understand your indignation. Having said that, I readily admit that I may be getting things wrong as I wasn't a witness and don't even know the road - so I apologise to you if I have got it wrong.

An emergency stop is 'braking safely' (within the limits of the vehicle, and avoiding a collision) else he would have hit them or had a lockup/lost control :biggrin:

Blue

Legendary Member
LLB said:
An emergency stop is 'braking safely' (within the limits of the vehicle, and avoiding a collision) else he would have hit them or had a lockup/lost control :wacko:

You can be as pedantic as you want about what constitutes an emergency stop.

Driving round a bend so fast that you have to slam on the brakes because you are confronted by two cyclists in the road is likely to earn a shake of the head in my book. That is how I read the OP and the reason why I expressed incredulity about the indignation being expressed. Having said that, as I suggested before, my lack of knowledge regarding the scene of the incident leaves me in a position where I don't want to be too definitive.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
You had right of way DG.

Might I offer the thought that the cyclist may have been under the false impression that you had been speeding, hence you had to brake quickly?
I think this situation was one where you and the cyclist both made the error of assuming who was at fault, for what and for why.

At the end of the day you were wrong in giving up your right of way, however well meaning, and this confused and irritated the cyclist.

BTW RE: Unclipping.
For cycle safety it is advised that your feet not leave the pedals until
you have reached a complete stop.:wacko:

LLB

tdr1nka said:
You had right of way DG.

Might I offer the thought that the cyclist may have been under the false impression that you had been speeding, hence you had to brake quickly?
I think this situation was one where you and the cyclist both made the error of assuming who was at fault, for what and for why.

At the end of the day you were wrong in giving up your right of way, however well meaning, and this confused and irritated the cyclist.

BTW RE: Unclipping.
For cycle safety it is advised that your feet not leave the pedals until
you have reached a complete stop
.:wacko:

I normally unclip one side and rest it back on the pedal when approaching a stopping point if this makes any sense.

Top Bottom