Cyclists Bury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Brendo

Regular
Martin I ride generally 30 miles at 15 16 average. Yourself?

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I was going to buy a specialized from leisure lakes but when I went I'm with cash and viewed the bike I was offered no assistance and left the shop and bought a Giant elsewhere. I have also seen a bike on a display with the forks on the wrong way round. In my opinion it is a shop run by young lads that get discount parts not experts in their field.
Cheers @Brendo

I did find that I wondered round looking without being approached, which I kinda liked in a no hassling/hustling kinda way but also noticed like you that they were young lads.

I have another store who do Cube as an option but there bread & butter seems to be the web & clearance bikes with a very small display but huge stocks.

Will give this some thought.

Sundays anything from 50 to 100+. In the week I commute 30 miles so do not do many evening rides. However, I normally do a Tuesday evening ride with a few friends setting off from Bury B&Q at Crostans retail park, the route varies but is normally 20-30 miles with about 2000ft of climbing. We go at the pace of the slowest rider but it is normally about 16mph average.

OP
OP
B

Brendo

Regular
Sounds good. Only started on the road bike this year and am picking up speed slowly. Need to start joining others at similar pace really.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Meee, and ill be cycling through in about 45 mins! Bury Clarion cycling club is a top club also!

OP
OP
B

Brendo

Regular
I will also be out tonight later on though. I will possibly do 20 miles on my own but find it hard to do rides bigger than this solo harder to do.

Ern1e

Über Member
Ride on a most excelent bike shop ! do you live near them ? I am in Rossendale but like quite a lot of the locals around here on a MTB.So if you see an aging old chap on a bso crammed full of panniers and/or towing a trailer give me a wave.

Top Bottom