Daily mail anti texting while driving campaign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
They'll have to go a long way to make up for all the immigrant bashing, xenophobia and Lucy Meadows.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
We all see it all the time. It seems to make me more angry when I see it and i'm on my bike. I think to myself, do you actually give a sh*t about peoples lives, about my life. I'm not the sort that lets it go and I will bang on windows and make phone gestures at anyone I see texting or calling whilst driving. I have had so many near missed by ****holes on their phones. I had someone pull out in front of me last year on the phone, I chased him down and banged on the window - would he stop his conversation - no. I put me and my bike in front of his car and said, put the phone down or stay there all day. He did eventually. I reported it. Nothing happened.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
In a recent job I used to get a coach from my place of work to the railway station, through heavy traffic. From the coach window I could look down inside people's cars and it was horrific to see the number of people with mobiles on their laps.

1 month purge, £1000.00 fine and 12 points.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
They'll have to go a long way to make up for all the immigrant bashing, xenophobia and Lucy Meadows.
Absolutely, I hope its a sign of some change in attitudes though

Transport Secretary Chris Grayling told the Commons he would shortly be announcing "tough plans" to tackle the use of mobiles by drivers.

"This requires, in my view, strong action. This is happening far too often," he said.

Darrel Martins brother Lee was killed by a driver who had been stopped 8 prior times using his phone
"The issue for me is that he shouldn't have been on the road in the first place. There were eight opportunities before this to stop the man from driving around.

"People seem to think it's a right to drive a car. Surely it's a privilege."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37370828

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Lets hope Mr Grayling replaces the 19,000 police officers lost over the last 5 years. Without someone to catch the villains it doesn't really matter at all what the law says on the subject.
It would be good if the police could use the cash from the fines to employ more traffic cops. And if the penalty from using your phone was sufficient to make people think twice before picking it up. Currently it seems socially acceptable, and the chances of getting caught so low!

Top Bottom