Damn Easterly wind!

What is your least favourite wind direction?

• North

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • North East

• East

• South East

• South

• South West

• West

• North West

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it just me, or has there been more easterly wind recently? It's my least favourite wind direction as I have a couple of straights that head towards the east on my commute home (which is also mostly uphill). I thought the prevailing wind direction in this country was westerly.

So I thought I'd do a pointless poll, which wind direction is your least favourite ;)?

Maz

Guru
Most def agree with you. I have to head into an easterly on the way back and it really ps me off. I catch myself saying to myself 'c'mon let's go!' whilst grinding away on the pedals. Like wading through mud.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Maz said:
Most def agree with you. I have to head into an easterly on the way back and it really ps me off. I catch myself saying to myself 'c'mon let's go!' whilst grinding away on the pedals. Like wading through mud.

I find when I turn a corner and I am suddenly hit with the full force of the wind, I do tend to mutter a few expletives!

My journey home is mostly northbound, but for some reason I find an easterly wind harder than a northerly wind. I think my northerly stretches are better sheltered.

dodgy

I live near the North tip of the Wirral, consequently all my rides start out on a southerly direction, so it's nice to ride out into a head wind to get the benefit of the tail wind on the way home. So I've voted for Northerly as being my least favourite ;)

Dave.

Danny

Legendary Member
I'm happy to have an easterly wind occasionally. Some of the nicest rides from York are off to the east in the wolds or Howardian hills, and normally you have to struggle home against a south westerly wind.

Yesterday I flew home from Thixendale with a strong easterly behind me.

justAl

we tend to get stronger SW winds while anything east is colder. Also I prefer an E wind as it pushes me home!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Certainly been easterly winds for the past 2 weeks and makes the ride into work quicker :blush: . Its those bitter Siberian easterly winds in the winter I don't like :rolleyes:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Easterlies are my least favourite :blush:
Most of my rides have a long eastbound stretch before home, so it's a pain riding into that wind. I was commuting home last week (usually 17 miles) and took a detour (47 miles :rolleyes:) as it was such a lovely sunny evening. However, sunny though it was, last 15 miles were into stiff easterly breeze, which made it v. hard work!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

It'll be interesting to see if we get a nice random distribution, or if there is a bias in the wind hating. You just can't hold a good (well not too bad) physicist down! :rolleyes:

Mr Pig

Amazing the difference a little wind makes eh? Can be the difference between struggling to do 10mph and 20mph easy.

So mant hills where I live that you get different winds in different places, it seems to go around the hills.

Top Bottom