Delph Holland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Am over here for a week am really enjoying the laid back easy going friendly people over here. The pace of life is so much slower than London. Why is Delft so different. I know its much smaller than London and a lot less people. So it seems to me smaller communities work better. Just saying.
Ps The beer is the best. :okay:.

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The strides aren't quiet.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Am over here for a week am really enjoying the laid back easy going friendly people over here. The pace of life is so much slower than London. Why is Delph so different. I know its much smaller than London and a lot less people. So it seems to me smaller communities work better. Just saying.
You'll probably find that most small towns in Britain also feel a lot different to London!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Here's Delph

upload_2016-7-26_9-6-24.png

It's a small village in the Pennines. Good for cycling, seems pretty laid back when I pass through. Strange lack of Dutch people though

Jody

Stubborn git
I presume you mean Delft...

Nice enough for a visit - and it has some very good antique shops - but I wouldn't want to live there. Too quiet for me.

I would love to live in Delft but for its quietness and location. Lovely little place.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The Dutch are the tallest people in the world, according to the radio, so that'll probably be why. You can't hear them moaning, as it's happening at altitude.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Am over here for a week am really enjoying the laid back easy going friendly people over here. The pace of life is so much slower than London. Why is Delph so different. I know its much smaller than London and a lot less people. So it seems to me smaller communities work better. Just saying.
Have you tried a glass of Delph Hic Oracle yet?

The Dutch are the tallest people in the world, according to the radio,

I've got a couple of Dutch friends from Amsterdam, both of whom are about 6'3"/6'4". They say that it's due to their countrymen's passion for dairy products, esp. milk and cheese.

Prior to having a major dairy industry, they were short, but with reclaimed low-lying land from the sea land, dairy cows have been able to graze like never before, benefitting industry and health alike.

A long-winded, but quite interesting read:
http://www.nature.com/pr/journal/v73/n3/full/pr2012189a.html

And a lot more interesting, esp. for cheese lovers.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34380895

BTW, Delft looks a great place: being quiet and having nothing to do would suit me down to the ground.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
It is a very beautiful place. I didn't get to see enough of it last year on tour as I was pushing on up to Utrecht to see the TdF.

It's on my return list and for what it's worth a quiet life is a healthy and more fulfilling life. Encourages creativity,contentment and calm.

What's not to like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom