Disgusting behaviour..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Irn Bru is famous for its somewhat "close to the knuckle" ads

Mobility scooter:

... and the latest disgusting behaviour....

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
They even have one for the members with butlers.
image.jpg

TVC

Yes my mums friend has recently started to hire a mobility scooter when they go on holiday - sadly that meant my mum found it hard to keep up with her so last time they hired a double!
A retired work mate spends his winters in Benidorm (each to their own) and he points out that mobility scooters cost €30 a week to rent, where as taxi fares start at €10. So the old folk hire them to get about the town because it's the cheapest solution.

My wife is disabled and uses a mobility scooter or a wheelchair

A couple of years ago we did the "Accessible route" alongside Catbells in the Lake District, and my wife wanted to walk for a while.

So we sat her down, and I disappeared with the scooter a few hundred yards away and came back to accompany her
It worked well and we spent a while doing this.

On the way back we came across a couple of walkers who were a little rude demanding to know what the scooter was doing on the footpath.....

I could have pointed out that it was an accessible path, but couldn't resist a little naughtiness.

SO I offered my hand .......

"Hello there,

My name is Tarquin James and I am president of the Off Road Mobility Group

We promote off road mobility scooter racing an are looking for routes for next years championships.

This is ideal and we are expecting about 3 - 400 scooters doing a timed return run along this path....."

A little naughty, but the look on their faces made it worthwhile, and I have no doubt there are green ink letters somewhere about Tarquin and the ORMG

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I think that South Ockendon would rival anywhere for the title of "most fat gits on mobility scooters". The cafe has even introduced waitress service for them!

Hate the bloody things. If most of the people using them actually walked rather than riding on these things they probably wouldn't need them and would certainly not be such fat gits - obviously I am making exceptions for the people that genuinely need them

Drago

Legendary Member
My wife is disabled and uses a mobility scooter or a wheelchair

A couple of years ago we did the "Accessible route" alongside Catbells in the Lake District, and my wife wanted to walk for a while.

So we sat her down, and I disappeared with the scooter a few hundred yards away and came back to accompany her
It worked well and we spent a while doing this.

On the way back we came across a couple of walkers who were a little rude demanding to know what the scooter was doing on the footpath.....

I could have pointed out that it was an accessible path, but couldn't resist a little naughtiness.

SO I offered my hand .......

"Hello there,

My name is Tarquin James and I am president of the Off Road Mobility Group

We promote off road mobility scooter racing an are looking for routes for next years championships.

This is ideal and we are expecting about 3 - 400 scooters doing a timed return run along this path....."

A little naughty, but the look on their faces made it worthwhile, and I have no doubt there are green ink letters somewhere about Tarquin and the ORMG
Brilliant! So much more erudite than the "f*** off" I would have responded with.