Do you stretch after your commute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cow Pie

I stretch , if i dont my hamstrings feel tight but on a good day i can put my hands flat on the floor so i aim to keep it .

On a bad day I have my hands flat on the floor. It usually means I have fallen over and I cant get up :tongue:

OP
OP
September

September

Thanks for the input all!

Are you getting aches and pains from cycling either during or after, then stretching could help. To get stronger for aero position, core strengthening is needed, planks, crunches and other horrid things required. Stretching your leg muscles will help prevent injury, might help strength but won't really benefit being bent over on bike. Need strong abdominals and back muscles
No pain - just pain prevention and preparation. I guess it's time for me to get planking then!

I presume the logical follow up of the victim in individual Lego pieces in a bag was also done? :smile:
Aha, no, but that's not a bad idea!

....stretch out my right arm for a glass of cod beer
Cod beer...a Norwegian brand?
Looks like a Massachusetts beer from the label...

Cape_Cod_Beer.jpg

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I tend to warm up on the bike and don't stretch after. Cycling is pretty low impact so I've never felt the need, I'm not saying this is right mind :blush:

lazy

50+ miles a day, 7 times a week and no stretching. Often think I should be doing it afterwards but doesn't seem to be doing me any harm.

Wow i wish i can do that, how long does it take you and how busy is the traffic on your commute?

uclown2002

Guru
Wow i wish i can do that, how long does it take you and how busy is the traffic on your commute?
I only commute perhaps 7 or 8 times a month setting off before 0400 hrs for a 30 miler, although work is only 2 miles away. ^_^ I don't see much traffic at that time!
On my days off and night shifts I just ride during the day at a time that suits. Speed is anywhere from 16+ mph on commute up to 20mph on other days, depending on legs.

Most people don't have the time to ride that distance every day, but many that do

lazy

I only commute perhaps 7 or 8 times a month setting off before 0400 hrs for a 30 miler, although work is only 2 miles away. ^_^ I don't see much traffic at that time!
On my days off and night shifts I just ride during the day at a time that suits. Speed is anywhere from 16+ mph on commute up to 20mph on other days, depending on legs.

Most people don't have the time to ride that distance every day, but many that do

i am thinking to move out of london and the area i am interested is about 22+ miles away from where i work so that would be 44+ miles a day 5 days a week. i think it'll take about 1:30ish hours each way i dont think its practical with 12 hours shifts.

uclown2002

Guru
i am thinking to move out of london and the area i am interested is about 22+ miles away from where i work so that would be 44+ miles a day 5 days a week. i think it'll take about 1:30ish hours each way i dont think its practical with 12 hours shifts.
I work 12s also, but depends on your domestic responsibilities I guess.

Top Bottom