Donnie Darko

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

buggi said:
it's basically about paranoid schizophrenia init? that's why it's so fuk'd up.

Why weren't there two of him then? This isn't a chick flick buggi. You're out of your depth on this one.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Did everyone know that except me?:becool:

:tongue:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It's the Kid's favourite film, and has been since she was twelve. I just thought it needed to get on a bit.

Mr Pig

Abitrary said:
wikipedia. Must be true.

Ha ha ha, good point actually. I was just thinking the other day about how seriously biased and inaccurate Wikipedia is. I don't think it's a good thing that some many people trust it so much.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Abitrary?:smile:

Wolf04

Most of you seem somewhat confused about the films meaning. I borrowed the DVD a couple of years ago and had watched half the film in total confusion before realising that the actors commentary was on......I'll get my coat

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I believe Richard Kelly has given a number of interviews over the years if you're interested in his take on his film. The other thing is apparently (I don't own it) there are quite a few deleted scenes on some of these issues.

I thought it was a good film but I'd say there's more to it than schizophrenia. There seemed to be a lot of 80s cultural references in there and I'd say it is sort of a bit PKDish.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm now told that it's too complicated for old people (and that's anybody over 20) to understand.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Abitrary said:
wikipedia. Must be true.

You're only on here anyway on the off chance that 'bonj' might be on. You don't care about the rest of us.

What it is that bonj does right that the rest of us do so wrong then? Be explicit and state your case missy.

you know how they say it's all about chemistry. well that's crap. it's all about physics. in physics for every positive force there is an equal negative force yea?... well with bonj, my wanting is directly relative to how much i can't have him.

Top Bottom