Drago's now traditional Winter 2023-24 murder deathkill slaughter annihilation chaos mayhem insanity weather thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There will be some weather, every day, everywhere.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My heating switched itself on this morning. It's one of these techy things and I thought it was just all switched off at the moment but for some reason I must have messed up and it's been vigilantly watching the thermostats, waiting for an excuse. It's properly switched off now.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s still lovely down south. My burnt head is testament to the sunny weather this weekend.

But I’m taking a week off in the Lake District for the October half term so please can I put in an early request to the big man in charge for good weather during that week.

Alex321

Veteran
It’s still lovely down south. My burnt head is testament to the sunny weather this weekend.

But I’m taking a week off in the Lake District for the October half term so please can I put in an early request to the big man in charge for good weather during that week.

Thinking back to when my kids were in school and my wife was still a teacher, I remember October half term being good weather surprisingly often. We had quite a few beach trips during that week, often with good enough weather to go in for a swim.

Not been great weather here in South Wales the last few days though, particularly when spending most of the BH weekend out of doors (not cycling).

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Barcelona & Mallorca were a bit feisty over the weekend.

I saw a Rowan tree laden with berries, which I was always told was a sign of a harsh winter ahead...nature providing for its birds..

a.twiddler

Veteran
As it says on the tin. Meteorological autumn is but a few days away and the weather already has an autumnal feel to it. I predict a cold, hard, icy and snowy winter, so here is the traditional thread to discuss the weather between now and the time hedgehogs stop hibernating.

Looking on the bright side, an excuse to get the trike out. Otherwise, two wheels will rule.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Barcelona & Mallorca were a bit feisty over the weekend.

I saw a Rowan tree laden with berries, which I was always told was a sign of a harsh winter ahead...nature providing for its birds..

True, all the various bushes and trees are loaded with fruit around here.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My mate Larry, AKA 'L' Nino, is back on the scene. What do we reckon to a mild and stormy start followed by a cold, hard winter once it gets in its stride?

Top Bottom