Drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
For the love of Christ. Dont put salt in your bottles! Its an out dated myth. People who know how mineral balance works have written articles on The subject. You should have a read.
I ride at a high level and I can tell you its all about sugar and water.

Can of coke in each bottle topped with water works. Stop for water along the way, get 2 more cans of coke.

vickster

Legendary Member
Doesn't seem necessary for those of us who ride gently for a couple of hours. Watered down flat coke, yuck

Are you a qualified sports nutritionist?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
For the love of Christ. Dont put salt in your bottles! Its an out dated myth. People who know how mineral balance works have written articles on The subject. You should have a read.
I ride at a high level and I can tell you its all about sugar and water.

Can of coke in each bottle topped with water works. Stop for water along the way, get 2 more cans of coke.

If you are going to claim you ride at a high level in order to qualify your posts you may as well tell us exactly what level you ride at!

Last edited:

JasonHolder

In my experience-no one rides easy for a few hours unless you're educated and doing LSD, its always chase this bus, oh snap my current speed is below 20mph i gotta pick it up or climb that hill above LT whatever, so yes it is necessary to get some carbs in.

Rob3rt you'll find out in future posts sometime. Got an early night for a long ride tomorrow but I'll be back before you know it cupcake that on with you?

Herzog I'll scratch around for a link tomorrow if you haven't found one.

50000tears

In my experience-no one rides easy for a few hours unless you're educated and doing LSD, its always chase this bus, oh snap my current speed is below 20mph i gotta pick it up or climb that hill above LT whatever, so yes it is necessary to get some carbs in.

Rob3rt you'll find out in future posts sometime. Got an early night for a long ride tomorrow but I'll be back before you know it cupcake that on with you?

Herzog I'll scratch around for a link tomorrow if you haven't found one.

I think I am going to like this guy.

JasonHolder

Doesn't seem necessary for those of us who ride gently for a couple of hours. Watered down flat coke, yuck

Are you a qualified sports nutritionist?

No I'm not qualified. I'm just a guy who if you pick a number in miles-i could ride it.

JasonHolder

OTE="T.M.H.N.E.T, post: 3035708, member: 20015"]300mi in 24hrs. Go[/QUOTE]
Ill see how I'm feeling tomorrow

JasonHolder

300mi in 24hrs. Go

200m in 3 for a start. I'll get some lights first then have a dig at your quirky challenge. PS you won't be happy. I'd love to pedal for 18hrs. Done 200in 11 hrs with 2 other guys years ago.
Do you even ride?

Cold

I use high 5 zero tablets if I need a boost drop one in a water bottle and your good to go.
Don't drink litres of it though or you may end up with swollen legs.

JasonHolder

I use high 5 zero tablets if I need a boost drop one in a water bottle and your good to go.
Don't drink litres of it though or you may end up with swollen legs.

Rather have swollen legs than dehydrated ones. I average 5bottles in 100m. Nearly half coke though.
With 6 whizzes side of road. Perfectly healthy

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat

Hi Jason,

I'm still interested in mineral balance and not taking on any salts during/after exercise. I've looked, but couldn't find any relevant links...could you direct me to any relevant articles? Preferably in peer-reviewed scientific journals...