Driver refused to give details to my father

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I had a driver reverse into me at a petrol station about 10 years ago. She gave false details at the time but my insurers (with the red wheelie phone) spent three years tracking her down through 4 addresses and got the money out of her.

Partly it was down to the insurer telling me I could get the repairs done and then afterwards telling me it would come out of my NCB. I argued that had they found that the third party was untraceable first I wouldn't have bothered with the 'minor' repair so it was down to them to recover the cost and preserve my NCB. And so they did.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Mr Pig said:
All sensible advice but I still really like the truck idea.
I knew a truck driver who 'inadvertantly' ripped the side off a BMW that was agressively trying to undertaking him on the exit from a roundabout. He had initially trapped the car against the concrete barrier before calling the Police and when the Police asked him to move his truck so that the BMW driver could get out and be charged, the side of the BMW sort of came away with the truck (with a little left lock).;)

Mortiroloboy

buggi said:
Tell the cops you think she was texting. They can go back to the phone company to see if she was at the time and then they can throw the book at her, especially if one or more of your passengers develops neck pain, in which case it would be more serious that she left the scene.

Ah! If only it was that simple, for a simple knock like the OP reports, there is not much chance of a Superintendant giving authority for a RIPA request to access subscriber details, (assuming the phone is registered).

Now...If you were telling porkies about which side of the road you lived on in order to send your child to a better school. Then it would be really easy for some junior LGO to authorise a whole raft of surveillance measures:ohmy::ohmy:

Mr Pig

Night Train said:
my insurers (with the red wheelie phone) spent three years tracking her down.

I had a similar really good experience with Direct Line. A truck driver swiped me off the road and admitted liability at the time. Later he decided to say it was me who ran into him!

I hadn't got any witnesses, because the guy admitted it, but I told Direct Line that there was no way I was taking the hit for it. I don't know how they did it but six-months later the guy admitted liability and (his company) payed up. Direct Line may not be the cheapest but when it counts they're on the ball.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
I knew a truck driver who 'inadvertantly' ripped the side off a BMW that was agressively trying to undertaking him on the exit from a roundabout. He had initially trapped the car against the concrete barrier before calling the Police and when the Police asked him to move his truck so that the BMW driver could get out and be charged, the side of the BMW sort of came away with the truck (with a little left lock).:rolleyes:

oh, whoops, now how did that happen, officer...

Love the idea of a trucker simply pinning someone against a barrier too, the sort of thing I think we all dream of doing someday...

papercorn2000

She is obliged to furnish details as previously stated.

If cops say that they can't trace a car, they can. They are trying to palm you off.

Top Bottom