Dun Run lite - Friday, 3 Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
A relaxed daytime ride would be a nice way to appreciate this Essex villages and facilities we missed. An Ongar (end of the tube line) start would eliminate the heavier London traffic and make it possible with a 9am start.

Tim Hall

A relaxed daytime ride would be a nice way to appreciate this Essex villages and facilities we missed. An Ongar (end of the tube line) start would eliminate the heavier London traffic and make it possible with a 9am start.
While we were some Disstance from the deluge of puns, I told @Mice about the librarians' strike in the town at the end of the tube line. Or Book Lack in Ongar as the newspaper headline had it. She didn't laugh.

Chim, chimney
Chim, chimney
Chim, chim, cher-ee
A sweep is as lucky
As lucky can be... Thank you, Tim - what an example!
IMGP5319.JPG

BigGee

You clearly have not been on the central line recently, the Ongar branch closed about 20 years ago! Epping is the end of the line now, but that is well enough out in the countryside in any case.

StuartG

slower but further
You clearly have not been on the central line recently, the Ongar branch closed about 20 years ago! Epping is the end of the line now, but that is well enough out in the countryside in any case.
For some of us 20 years ago is still quite recent :blush:

Can't get used to spraying them grey and swapping to fluorescent tubes & stuff.
Epping morning life is unlikely to match its night life ... but yes, a good kick off point.

compo

Veteran
I haven't used the tube for over twenty years. Where does the central line from Epping go underground, is it still Stratford. I ask because I heard you could take a bike on the overland sections. I was wondering if that would be any good getting to Hackney for the DD start as I have no lift next year.

Top Bottom