Dunwich Dynamo (Sat 16th - SUn 17th July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And I've just eaten. Anyone got any pictures of nice fluffy bunnies to replace that disturbing image.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
baby-animals.jpg

Sam

leyton condor

Veteran
Coach tickets booked, some mates from work are coming along as well. I have moved house since the last one, I hope I can find the Hope1, saddlebag and all the other bits that I use only on the Dynamo.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
I'm doing it for the first time this year!

Hopefully getting someone to come along too.

Do CC'ers use some way to identify themselves so if we spot one another we can give a quick hello etc.?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Do CC'ers use some way to identify themselves so if we spot one another we can give a quick hello etc.?

I will probably wear my CycleChat jersey as I can imagine a few others will.

frank9755

Cyclist

I'll wear my CC jersey too. I expect I'll recognise you from your avatar:tongue:

Not yet certain if we will have a CC Chuck wagon this year as last years driver stupidly wants to do the ride this time. :rolleyes: But if I tell him what a terrible time he will have cycling through the night and how hard it will be for him to cycle that far, we may be in luck or I may be able to twist my daughters arm to do the driving and canteen duty.

Sounds like a challenge - I'm in. Guess I'd better hang up my running trainers for a while and get on me bike.

Better devise a plan of attack for getting the mrs to drive the van...

Tynan

Veteran
Yes, almost certainly

Now, I'd like much much more rigour regarding Steve's van, that makes a huge difference, the halfway stop is a bonus but the pre-positioning in the carpark at the end is a must have, MUST HAVE

The queue for the cafe is heartrendingly long and slow, especially if it rains

Can the rest of the people benefiting from the camper van not rustle up a helper/wallah, Steve's been bloody good sorting this out for the last two? years

Frankly I'm shocked that Steve's son in law is considering it after seeing us all at close quarters in varying states of knackered over a long night, I can only imagine he want's to avoid catering to my mechanicals.

(His bike needs to have an accident on the morning of the ride perhaps, something serious, snapped top tube?)

I'm determined to ride back, I meant to the last two years and actually felt capable of at least trying last year until the nice mind that had unknowingly supplied me with a replacement front wheel after some dozy interaction reclaimed it leaving with my original one of the pushing type. The sight of the rock hard types heading back while I was still 30 miles short rather diminished my picture of myself as a cycling hero.

So, sort the camper van, get the bike in good order, find someone to tow me/that knows the way although I do now have entry level GPS which should rather help

This thread is extraordinarily late this year, we normally have a god six month run at it

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Sadly not this year as I'm away with the kids. Top tips from last year though the A1120 isn't flat, if you're considering a return journey that way. Got as far as stowmarket on the way back before calling it a day, or night, or whatever.

rb58

Enigma
I will dig out my route back from last year and share it. I remember it as reasonably quiet and pretty in stretches, although I did find myself on a dual carriageway at one point (but that could have been an hallucination!). And I had planned it so I went close to/through towns with stations as possible bale out points....

Top Bottom