East Yorks night ride [POSTPONED]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
HelenD123 said:
I risked the commute this morning and there were a few frozen puddles around.

I thought it was you (on your hybrid?) as I drove past :biggrin: it was -2 on the car temprature thingie!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
I thought it was you (on your hybrid?) as I drove past :wacko: it was -2 on the car temprature thingie!

Yep, I was on the hybrid today. I'm glad I didn't know it was -2:ohmy:. I nearly thought better of it and turned round on the outskirts of Beverley but the main road was OK.

zacklaws

Guru
Just had to laugh at myself, biked to work everyday regardless of the weather and apart from crashing into a hedge once, I never fell off which is unusual.

But this morning at work about 0230, whilst I was getting out of the works car, I managed to put one foot down which slipped away from me and fell out of the car and went rolling over flat on my back.

I can see this year being a good one, I put my tea in the oven the other night and was really looking forward to it, when I got it out it was stone cold, I'd forgot to light the oven.

If this carries on I may qualify to join D.E.N.S.A

zacklaws

Guru
Same here, just looked out and thought B****dy Hell, I've four days off work and looks like I may not get out, perhaps its time to fit the bike to the turbo again.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
:ohmy: Just when I was trying to start my training for Canada in earnest. At least I got commutes in on Monday and Tuesday.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
HelenD123 said:
:biggrin: Just when I was trying to start my training for Canada in earnest. At least I got commutes in on Monday and Tuesday.

Surely this is perfect training for Canada?:smile:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Having once or twice been an honorary East Yorkie, I'll help resurrect it - it it happens before about 5th April.

In any case, we'll have to be quick if we want to ride in the dark - it's staying early until much later these days!

Bandini

Uncle Phil said:
Having once or twice been an honorary East Yorkie, I'll help resurrect it - it it happens before about 5th April.

I am up for a ride between 1st and 5th. Off for a couple of weeks, but got stuff on other dates.

zacklaws

Guru
I'm off work now till 6th May, apart from a couple of days in April, so unless I'm away fishing, visiting etc, I should be able to make it.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm on early shifts all next week, so a night rides off for me all next week :bicycle:
Only nights i can do in next couple of weeks is easter weekend 2nd - 4th April :becool:

Top Bottom