EBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hmmm, well Jesus certainly doesn't want you as a sunbeam.

Yes, there's a risk. But it's minimal. Go for it.

Two tips: one, good big photos make an enormous difference. There are a lot of people out there who can barely read, but everyone looks at the pictures. Two, good big photos can be free - use Auctiva.com, not ebay, to host them.

mondobongo

Über Member
Always get proof of posting. Just in the middle of my first dispute after 300 positive sales. Buyer left positive feedback made no other contact then filed a non receipt dispute.

tyred

Legendary Member
bonj said:
eBay and paypal aren't trustworthy at all. They only act in their own interests.
they claim you don't qualify for protection when you've fulfilled all the criteria, they send automated responses to any problems and they always act in the favour of the buyer.
If you're a seller, your buyer can easily simply claim they didn't receive the item and demand a refund from you, even after several months have gone by.
It will be taken out of your account, and if this leaves a negative paypal balance, they will take the liberty of helping themselves to it out of your credit card or bank account. When you prove to them that you posted it and even if you've got positive feedback, they don't care.
If you're a buyer, you will probably get an item of some sort - but whether it will conk out after 3 months, be second hand sold as new, a fake, stolen, is anybody's guess.
You take your chance, really. It really is a gamble.
People forget that eBay isn't some online shop, it's simply a way of putting buyers in touch with sellers, with a method for the buyers stitching up the sellers if they so choose to do so.

Yes, it can happen. But I would think the chances are slim tbh. I have never sold on ebay but have bought all sorts of things over the years and don't recall a single problem. I know others who have bought and sold stuff as well without a problem. There is a risk with everything in life.

Top Bottom